Repoint EA Dish?

reddice

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 13, 2004
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Since the storm on Monday our signal has been very weak on 72.7. Our locals on 61.5 all come in fine but on a few 72.7 channels I am only getting about 14% signal. When I tune to many HD channels it says complete signal loss. I called Dish up but they won't come to service it until November 8th which is a week away. Is it hard to re-point a EA Dish?

Not too bad since it is already set up. Can you get things set-up where you have a TV and receiver next to the dish? If so do that, and before anything just push on the dish slightly left and right and up and down. IF your signal gets better barely loosen the bolts and move the dish to make it better. It will not take much.

Use a black marker, and make some marks BEFORE moving your dish. Just in case you really get it screwed up. That way you can maybe at least get it back to where it was, and then have time to wait out a tech showing up.

Looks like you will need a repoint. After Hurricane Ike , I had to repoint my Dad's dish, as it had moved a bit in cat 2 hurricane winds.

Repointing is not all that difficult, once I even moved a wing dish 30 feet to see around a tree and got the signal back without much trouble. Of course knowing that Mrs Volts would be mildly upset :flame: if I messed it up gave me incentive.

Making reference marks with a magic marker is a very good idea.
Having a small tv with you on the roof is a Godsend, it lets you get immediate feedback from the point dish screen.
It's better (and easier) to have a gentle hand and make a number of little adjustments rather than try to do it in big jumps. The idea to push on the dish before loostening it is a winner, first you'll see how sensitive it is and second you'll know which direction to go.

Also the signal strength is slightly delayed. So when you move it, move it just a bit and wait a second. Move again and wait a second. Untilled you get it where you need it.

Here's a link to the installation guide for the 1000.4. Go to Page 6 and 7 for fine-tuning instructions. I think that you just have to fine tune the azimuth to get 72.7 dialed in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)