Report: BOTH New Xbox and PS4 Will Be Shown At E3

Sony has denied this, I expect their big news at E3 will be a new PS3 model/bundle or price cut, and a price cut for the PSP Vita that will be out next month (and expected to do poorly at it's current price point).

I haven't kept up. What is the PS4 supposed to have that is better than the PS3? I mean the PS3 already does the best resolution that current TVs have and it does 3D. It is still a great bluray player, decent media streaming device. Not sure what would make me want to upgrade...

I haven't kept up. What is the PS4 supposed to have that is better than the PS3? I mean the PS3 already does the best resolution that current TVs have and it does 3D. It is still a great bluray player, decent media streaming device. Not sure what would make me want to upgrade...
Ive been trying to figure this out as well.
I do not see a "huge" jump in graphical capabilities coming from the new ones either.
Just not sure the need for the upgrade for really either system at this point. I could see the upside with the ones before now, but like you, I am not sure what they would add that would justify another $500+ box.

Go watch Avatar again, we have a long ways to go in visuals. Obviously that's a bar that's way too high, but we are nowhere close to that level of runtime graphics (meaning the entire environment and systems involved being rendered in real time on a video game console) also most games don't come close to 1080p/60fps.

Either way the increased overhead for more complex interactions and number of working systems (AI, liquids, atmosphere, physics, etc) and better textures will pay huge dividends in how games can look.

Last edited:
You mean go watch Avatar on my PS3? ;)
You make my point for me, you have to watch a movie on it for the system to display graphics that nice. Rendering the following in real time would make both current systems choke badly (if they could load all the assets involved, which they couldn't):

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts