Report DISH Guide Issues HERE

I agree with you as a retention offer. Ergen was the brains behind SlingTV but it was Joe that announced it at CES under the Dish Moniker, and that it will be a seperate entity, with Dish as the parent company(which is funny to me as Echostar is Dish's parent company)

Again, one thing to remember about cord cutting is data caps. Each provider in each area is different, but some hve limits at 100 GB, some have 500 GB, some do not even monitor their data caps, and some force higher packages or a costly increase.
Luckily no data caps on my TWC internet connection. Good thing since my 14 year old son is on the computer from sun up to sun down 7 days a week.

I am sorta in the same not, except in my case the 14 year old son, is a 30 year old roommate who does gaming on every system known to man. Before he moved in, I used less than 10 GB a month. Sometimes less than 5. After he moved in, well over 200. I have a 500 limit with Co:mad:give or take 50 GB) but my GF in NC had mediacom, and with one of their top packages only offered her 200 GB. Her family was doing the cord cutting thing with 2 computers connected to the tvs, and they would hit 300-400 GB each month. Got costly for them, compared to getting a reasonable internet pckage, and a low TV subscription.

There's no great mass exodus of people who are "cord cutting". Yes, people finally have much improved options that didn't exist just a few years ago, but I don't believe that the cablecos or satcos are concerned....

Right, why be concerned when all you have to do is raise rates and fees on current customers to keep the profit levels as others flee. At a certain point they wont be able to keep those suckers.

I think the idea is to be a squeaky wheel, show how many people want good data, and point out how many locals are screwed up...

Oh and look at that, the same person in those threads tooting Dish's horn like they can do wrong.

I said the same thing a few months ago about Dish and got bashed about it. Dish doesn't care about customers anymore, they will throw out some credits to placate existing customers and bait new customers in with offers, but nothing else will change.

I'm just sorry the helpful people with DIRT have to read the posts and can't do anything but reply with the same old useless company line.

Guide issues here in Milwaukee,WI due to a flop at 2 stations:

49-03 is THIS not H&I

58-03 is H&I not THIS

2 that are just wrong are:

04-03 is COZI not LWNe

58-04 is DECADES not TOUCH

OK, I can understand if Dish does not want to provide guide data for the tons of foreign content that are on our local sub-channels, sometimes the VERY SAME channels Dish provides via Internationals at 118 or DishWorld. However, guide data for channels that are not carried by Dish (no competition) such as MeTV at 56.3 (sometimes we need sat channel 20 tuner for other recordings or live viewing) or GetTV and Escape TV and Grit TV and Bounce and Decades TV and other English language channels with GOOD content is STUPID. It lowers the value of the OTA module and the Hopper in general.

Clearly, Dish does not see this worth their time. I hope that changes.

Here is the guide listing from a Thursday afternoon for the St. Louis DMA:

There are some other local area channels that Dish does not provide, but I am unable to receive them over-the-air. So I cannot verify if Dish has data for them or not.

In addition to your OTA channels in post #78 for the St. Louis DMA, I receive the following OTA channels:

007-01 HSN
007-02 SBN
007-03 REVN
007-04 ONTV
038-01 K38H
051-01 Days

No guide data for all six channels, just says the same as the call sign. My attic mount OTA antenna is approximately 16 miles east of St. Louis in Illinois.

This thread is simply to keep people from creating separate threads here for each individual city. There was never any suggestion or assurance that it would be resolved, in fact, Scott has repeated more than once that Dish people have told him it's not going to happen... They can't close this thread nor stop it from being created here but the fact that they're closing the same topics at their site is very telling...

I wouldn't be surprised if the newest DISH receiver no longer includes even the option of adding a usb ota tuner, like the hopper does now. They seem to really want to be out of the ota guide business. I keep saying just provide guide data for the big 4 networks up on the satellites and then let the receiver read the PSIP data for the sub channels. Then both sides would be happy.

I know it wont do any good but for the Duluth market but in Northern MN (the Iron Range). All are satellite stations of existing stations dish either carries or has guide info for

none have guide info
11-1 KRII (same as KBJR 6-1)
11-2 CW (same as KDLH 3-2)
11-3 CBS (same as KDLH 3-1)
11-9 My9 (same as KBJR 6-2)
13-1 WIRT (satellite of WDIO 10-1)
13-2 MeTV (same as 10-2)
31-1 WRPT (satellite of WDSE 8-1)
31-2 (same as 8-2)
31-3 (same as 8-3)
31-4 (same as 8-4)

Rural MN a few things (all satellites of Minneapolis)...same as Duluth. All have no guide info
12-1 KCCW (satellite of WCCO 4-1)
12-2 Decades (no guide)
26-1 KFTC Fox (satellite of KMSP Fox 9)
26-2 KFTCDT2 My (satellite of WFTC 29)
26-3 Movies! (no guide at all)

I cancelled Dish over it. And glad since its cheaper with Cox Cable, 2 Tivo's and 3 Minis.
Everyone in my neighborhood is doing the same thing. Im installing up full Tivo set up tomarrow down the street, extra money for me. Thank You Dish for your #$%^% support.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)