Report: Veteran TV Exec Mel Karmazin Is on the Way Out at Sirius XM

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I wonder if Malone will take the company in a completely different direction.

Good note. But he appears to think he can make SXM a cash cow and I suspect his options at increasing revenue are limited. I don't think he can raise our rates; they're pretty high already (IMHO).

SiriusXM would probably be better off without Mel.

He took a great service in turned it into subscription FM radio. I want my real satellite radio back! Give me back the big playlists and the channels you couldnt hear anywhere else!

That's why I finally dumped them. I was a very early adopter because I was sick of FM and it was a promising platform.. Had XM since 2000. I watched it get better and better until the merger. Then I watched Mel run it straight into the ground, through his lies, poor business decisions, and endless sucking of Howard Stern's crotch. The rate hike was the last straw. Now I have Slacker and it fits my needs for $3 a month.

Sent from my Galaxy SII using some Tappity Talkity thing.

Regardless, he took two faltering companies and made one profitable company.

Regardless, he took two faltering companies and made one profitable company.

Profitable??? No. Not even close. He took a failing company (Sirius) and a stable company (XM) and turned them into one huge train wreck through his reckless spending and FM business model. Sirius was hemorrhaging cash before the merger because of all the talentless hacks he gave ridiculous contracts to (Howard Stern, Bam Margera, Tony Hawk, and Martha Stewart to name a few).

True, XM had yet to turn a profit at the time of the merger, but at least they were cutting losses and were within a few quarters of going positive. They were the ones in better financial shape.

That merger was illegal to begin with. It was only approved because Mel lied to the SEC and DoJ.

Last edited:
Profitable??? No. Not even close. He took a failing company (Sirius) and a stable company (XM) and turned them into one huge train wreck through his reckless spending and FM business model. Sirius was hemorrhaging cash before the merger because of all the talentless hacks he gave ridiculous contracts to (Howard Stern, Bam Margera, Tony Hawk, and Martha Stewart to name a few).

True, XM had yet to turn a profit at the time of the merger, but at least they were cutting losses and were within a few quarters of going positive. They were the ones in better financial shape.

That merger was illegal to begin with. It was only approved because Mel lied to the SEC and DoJ.

XM was tied to GM..(sales wise).. When GM sales collapsed so did XM..Sirius was a late comer to the game and was really starting to gain some momentum b4 the merger

XM at the time had a few million customers at the time, while Sirius had something like 200,000.

I liked XM much better than Sirius almost everything everything was better, the programming (I miss IT), the equipment, the sound quality and it had a better signal.

A lot of people might hate me for saying this but it was Howard Stern who saved Sirius. Without him the merger would have never happened.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Scott Greczkowski said:
A lot of people might hate me for saying this but it was Howard Stern who saved Sirius. Without him the merger would have never happened.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

100% agree with Scott on this. Howard Stern's arrival at Sirius resulted in millions of new subscribers, effectively saving the company.

I do wish though, that he would be on the air more than a measly 3 days a week (when he's not on vacation, that is!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)