Reportback

rang1995

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 30, 2003
Bergen co NJ
What is going to be with this reportback feature..I have noticed (unless it's not really working yet) failed reportbacks unless i manually do it and it may take around 5-10 tries for it to work..But it does work.So it's not my setup.I just hope this isn't a once a day thing where if they get a failure then your shut off

I tested something. Do a manual reportback and time how long it takes before it retries, about the equivilant of 7 rings. Call the number and count how many rings it takes for the modem to answer, at least 15 or 20 rings!!! Mine always says "No Answer" after the failures.

The report back is for activation. When we activate a box, we go to the reportback screen and the counter starts going from 1 till about 7 or so. What is happening is the hits are coming in from VOOM. When it counts up while we are on the phone, the CSR knows that he is hitting the right box. Thats what we use it for, I don't think it serves any more past that?

The reportback page has a way to manually dial in as well. It has the same modem 800 number as the screen that shows wheter or not the box called in by itself so I was under the impression that you could force the box to "phone home". I do remember my installer using the same screen when he called in on the phone verbally and got the box "hit" after setting me up.

My reprot screen no longer contains the 800 number. Once it gets its hit, does it wipe it out?

on the last screen of system status there is a line LAST Succesfull reportback, which usually says a date and time and "failed" when i force it, after a long time,many tries i will see on that screen success with time and date...so the STB is trying by itself on some Nights