Repositioning Dish

UNOmar

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Omaha, NE
First off, I'm really new to all this satellite stuff, but love reading about it and tinkering. I added the locals package last night for Omaha, NE and immediately received the SD feeds, but when I signed up it said I should have HD. I checked out 'The List' and sure enough Omaha HD locals are available on 61.5. But I can't seem to get 61.5. I'm not sure which dish I've got, but I'm a new subscriber with the Turbo HD package and a 722.
The only birds I can see are 110, 119 and 129. Is there a way to pull the 61.5 feed so I can get HD through the dish? Unfortunately the dish is mounted on the west side of my house, but I suppose it could be moved if necessary.

Thanks for the help.

-UNOmar

You'll need a 2nd dish to receive 61.5. It's in a different direction than the 3 satellites you're currently seeing, probably from a 1000.2 dish. When my locals 1st became available in HD on 61.5 Dish came out and installed the 2nd dish at no charge. Good luck!

Ed

Hmm...dang.
It's curious that I can pick up the 129 bird without a wing dish though. I would think it would require a similar setup as the 61.5 seeing as how I'm in the middle of the conus and they're both eastern and western extremes.

129 is only 9 degrees off of 119 so it can be seen on the same dish such as a dish 1000.2. Thus there is no need for a wingdish. The 61.5 is a much different direction.

Hmm...dang.
It's curious that I can pick up the 129 bird without a wing dish though. I would think it would require a similar setup as the 61.5 seeing as how I'm in the middle of the conus and they're both eastern and western extremes.
The 1000.2 dish that you are using is designed to pick up 110/119/129. Talk to E* about a wing dish for 61.5. You may be able to get it for little or no cost since you are a new subscriber.

Ahh you're right. I'm at 95W so my dish is pointing south/southwest. For some reason I was thinking 110 was a straight shot south.

Anyway, thanks for the quick replies.

-UNOmar