Reproducible tuner audio/video sync problem every morning my 522

Ned Dorsey

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 30, 2004
Reno
I've got my 522 in single mode. M-F I have an AutoTune timer set to tune to the morning news at 5:30am, so if I wake up at 6:30 I can rewind an hour and catch the news from the beginning. My EPG shows that the tuner is happening on "TV1".

The problem I experience is when swapping to "TV2", I still receive live audio from TV1 even though the channel banner shows what I should be hearing on TV2. The screen is black except for the banner. I can switch channels and the banner will show that I'm changing channels, but the picture remains black and the audio continues to be from TV1. To fix the problem I have to switch back to TV1, then back to TV2, then change channels on TV2. When I do this I will get a picture of what TV2 should be showing, but continue to get the audio of the TV1 program. Only after I change channels on TV2 everything will correct itself - TV2's audio and video will be in sync.

On the weekend I don't have the AutoTune timer set, and everything works fine - so it's something to do with the AutoTune timer causing the problem.

Anyone experience this? This happens EVERY M-F to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)