Request Ceo To Add Nhl Network In Sd

nrholland

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
Tampa Bay Area
I am asking anyone who wants the NHL Network in SD to please send e-mails to ceo@echostar.com requesting the channel in SD. Do it over and over and over again, especially on the nights when a game is on NHL Network. Remind them that we would have had that game last year on the Center Ice Package, but not now because NHL Network has the rights to it.

The more people we get to complain might move Charlie to do something about it!!!protest

I am asking anyone who wants the NHL Network in SD to please send e-mails to ceo@echostar.com requesting the channel in SD. Do it over and over and over again, especially on the nights when a game is on NHL Network. Remind them that we would have had that game last year on the Center Ice Package, but not now because NHL Network has the rights to it.

The more people we get to complain might move Charlie to do something about it!!!protest

Is it even offered in Sd by the NHL? Not sure its Charlie.

It means that inbox is way too flooded with lesser gripes. That of course is thanks to people on these forums telling everyone to write that inbox if their bill is 2 cents off.

You're going the wrong way sir.

HD is up ahead. SD is back where you came from. Perhaps you'd be more comfortable at one of our lower stakes tables?

You're going the wrong way sir.

HD is up ahead. SD is back where you came from. Perhaps you'd be more comfortable at one of our lower stakes tables?

I'm done talking on this forum. If all I'm going to do is get a bunch of smart remarks about me not having HD, then I won't say anymore about this issue. There are some people out there who are living paycheck to paycheck and don't feel like throwing themselves in debt more than they are already in order to go to HD! :waveGOODBYE!!!!!!!

I agree, HD is the future. why would they invest more in SD with the quality of hockey in HD. I think its going to come down to switching if thats the case. " D offers this, but E offers that" actually weighing out what service will better suit ur needs. :rolleyes:

I agree, HD is the future. why would they invest more in SD ...

Let's see. Dish has 13.7 million customers, of that 2-3 million (maybe) have HD and the other 10-11 million have SD, and most of those will probably continue with SD for quite a while because spending the $$ on an HD TV, upgrading equipment aren't worth it for them because all they want to do is watch tv on Friday night and couldn't care less if it is mpeg4, HD, plasma, blah blah blah. They just want to watch the tv they bought a couple years ago because for them it's just fine.

I'm done talking on this forum. If all I'm going to do is get a bunch of smart remarks about me not having HD, then I won't say anymore about this issue. There are some people out there who are living paycheck to paycheck and don't feel like throwing themselves in debt more than they are already in order to go to HD! :waveGOODBYE!!!!!!!

Let's see. Dish has 13.7 million customers, of that 2-3 million (maybe) have HD and the other 10-11 million have SD, and most of those will probably continue with SD for quite a while because spending the $$ on an HD TV, upgrading equipment aren't worth it for them because all they want to do is watch tv on Friday night and couldn't care less if it is mpeg4, HD, plasma, blah blah blah. They just want to watch the tv they bought a couple years ago because for them it's just fine.

wow - apologies... didn't realize this was such a sensitive issue. I watch the HD feed on my SD 32" JVC tube TV and just adjust the mode to stretch and it looks fine.

of all the forums I've visited including these - there's no lack of humorous retorts. I'll try to refrain from ones that may pick on the SD crowd from now on as they are the Richard Lewis of satellite subscribers. :eek:

BTW - 25-30% of the viewing audience is HD now according to market research. So if DISH has 14 million subscribers - that would put it at 4 million households and increasing rapidly as prices decrease and the HD push increases.

wow - apologies... didn't realize this was such a sensitive issue. I watch the HD feed on my SD 32" JVC tube TV and just adjust the mode to stretch and it looks fine.

No apology nescessary. I'm back. Are you saying that you watch the HD feed on a SD television? I've asked Dish a couple times about getting a HD DVR even though I don't have a HD televison. They said the installers would not do it for me. Is it true? Should I just take a chance and order one and see what happens or am I wasting my time? What's your opinion? I'm only doing this so I can get NHL Network. I have a feeling Dish is not going to add it in SD. Getting the HD channel (whether I see it in HD or not) is going to be my only option with Dish unless I switch back to Directv (I hate their DVR compared to Dish's.) They have NHL Network in SD from what I've heard.

Last edited:
Yes - I have the 722 box that controls 2 televisions - 1 HD, 1 SD. The box outputs the HD feed to my SD television and i just have to stretch or partial zoom the program on the remote to make it look right since it's widescreen format for most HD channels.

If you get a box that controls multiple televisions, you could do the same thing. You simply would not ever use the primary out feed, just the secondary.

Crazy - but it would give you the results you want. (but you would also be paying $20 a month for the HD package to get that channel).

Good luck.

They tend to not sell HD equipment to SD customers because then customers call up a few days later and ask stupid questions like "So I bought an HD box, where's my HD programming?"

I'd just tell them you have an HDTV, when the installer comes, explain what you're doing and that you know you're not actually getting HD, I don't think they'll argue it.

Yes - I have the 722 box that controls 2 televisions - 1 HD, 1 SD. The box outputs the HD feed to my SD television and i just have to stretch or partial zoom the program on the remote to make it look right since it's widescreen format for most HD channels.

If you get a box that controls multiple televisions, you could do the same thing. You simply would not ever use the primary out feed, just the secondary.

Crazy - but it would give you the results you want. (but you would also be paying $20 a month for the HD package to get that channel).

Good luck.

I don't think I need the HD package to get NHL Network. I believe it comes with AT100 or NHLCI as long as you have a HD receiver. When you mention that you have to stretch or partial zoom the program on the remote, which remote are you talking about? The one for your tv or the Dish remote?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)