Request to Dish: Create a replacement for the DP34 that supports Dish Pro Plus!!!

cincyguy2k4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 14, 2005
Why is the 44 the only one that supports DPP?

Lots of people have more than one dual tuner and the installers are getting a lot of heat to install 44's.

Why not make a DP34 that supports DPP?

I don't really know how feasible this will be for Dish Network but they should make an adapter that adds DPP support for existing DP34s. You could just add the adapter to your DP34 and run your dual tuners with a single run and a separator.

If the requirement is power then add a power inserter to the adapters.

Hell, some people have reported that they can use the DP34s with separators to feed their dual tuners receivers. So, it's probably not that difficult.

Is the sole reason some folks need DPP 44's to feed the 622 with one feed or is there other reasons?

I currently have 2 DP 34's with 2 of the feeds going to the room which will house the 622, I'm assuming this will work?

DucTape said:
Is the sole reason some folks need DPP 44's to feed the 622 with one feed or is there other reasons?

I currently have 2 DP 34's with 2 of the feeds going to the room which will house the 622, I'm assuming this will work?
Some people get programming from four satellites. That's one valid reason to get a DPP44. Otherwise, yes, that's the reason. Your 622 will work with the two cables.

Yes you can use a DP34 and use 2 cables, but that doesnt help us with 2 dual tuners and maybe one extra single tuner lying around. Not to mention the one cable to a dual tuner is VERY VERY nice.

Or like My place, 4 sat's, 3 Dual Tuner receivers, house pre-wired with 1 line to each tv :(

DPP44 was the only answer :)

The good news is I got mine installed in December when i moved into the new house, and made sure I had all 4 sats even though I wasn't doing HD at the time.

LER

DucTape said:

Feeding dual tuners with one cable run is one of the reasons. Others are:
4 satellites and Legacy support for old receivers.

Why won't DISH listen...

My case - a DP34 feeding 4 receivers. Only ONE cable (due to preinstalled) available to the 622 - therefore, need a DPP44 - BUT Dish won't let me have one....

I've pounded till my hands are broken trying to get them to understand that concept. Thier reply?? Only if you have 4 orbital locations can you have a DPP44 - So, OK.... bring another dish - don't care if it's a dummy -

I've had my machine sitting on the floor for a month and NO install or activation of the 622 yet. We are clearly at war.:eek:

They must have all kinds of notes on me now.. The excuse now is "they are back-ordered" so NOBODY is getting one - I said BS and called it quits.

Y2k06 said:
Why won't DISH listen...

My case - a DP34 feeding 4 receivers. Only ONE cable (due to preinstalled) available to the 622 - therefore, need a DPP44 - BUT Dish won't let me have one....

I've pounded till my hands are broken trying to get them to understand that concept. Thier reply?? Only if you have 4 orbital locations can you have a DPP44 - So, OK.... bring another dish - don't care if it's a dummy -

I've had my machine sitting on the floor for a month and NO install or activation of the 622 yet. We are clearly at war.:eek:

They must have all kinds of notes on me now.. The excuse now is "they are back-ordered" so NOBODY is getting one - I said BS and called it quits.

Here is what I would do if I were in your shoes as it is probably what I am going to do :).

I put my 622 in place of a 721 so 2 cables were already there. During my install I got a DP34.

I am considering putting up the 34 and my old Dish 500 antenna on Ebay to pay for a 44. After all I have zero need for this hunk of metal (the old antenna) at my house now.

I would say go and get whatever you can from the installer and make changes afterwards.

By the way if you beg and plead on the HD support line they will preactivate the 622 ahead of time. Took me about an hour of pleading I had this paperweight in my living room I couldnt use and they went ahead and did it.

You need a DPP44 in order to receive Howard from Sirius Satellite Dish to combine the signal with separators to run throughout the house.

They may be doing away with the SuperDishes later this year and the DP-34 came with it so I wonder if they plan on doing away with the DP-34 switches as well.

cincyguy2k4 said:
Why is the 44 the only one that supports DPP?

Lots of people have more than one dual tuner and the installers are getting a lot of heat to install 44's.

Why not make a DP34 that supports DPP?
That's not the point.The DPP 44 IS the updated 34....It retails for 200 bucks...
If I understand you properly there are some installers that are not getting to install 44's..Makes sense..The switches are costly..When making a w/o modification the CSR will ask why we are adding the 44..I tell them it is due to wiring issues..The only difference is the customer will not be charged for the switch..More often that not, I install a 44 if the customer has a slab built home where the tv's are on interior walls or they object to having any wiring( this happens alot) done at all and finally if the home has an "On Q" or other brand of distribution panel in the interior of the home..
Many customers especially that have just bought new homes in this high growth area, are told by their builders that their homes are wired for cable/ sat..When I get there and tell them they will need additional wiring, they usually object. Especially if they paid the builder extra for the complete wiring package available form that builder..Those are just some of the issues that precipitate the use of a 44....
Fortunately the people that I work for are understanding on this matter and they do buy the DPP 44's. Infact they encourage us to keep one on our truck all the time..They are more intersted in suuccessful completion of the jobs ...of course my empoyers are in busines to make money.But the completion pct is the highest priority...
The bottom line is money..I have the inkling that there are DN subcontractors that are refusing to buy DPP 44's for their techs and this may be why the techs are complaining about not being able to use them..
I would not work for such a cheapskate....

retsef said:
You need a DPP44 in order to receive Howard from Sirius Satellite Dish to combine the signal with separators to run throughout the house.
What are you talking about?
If Howard is availble on Dish, it's news to me...
I just looked at the lineup and there is no evidence of a Howard Stern channel...

retsef said:
What are you talking about?
If Howard is availble on Dish, it's news to me...
I just looked at the lineup and there is no evidence of a Howard Stern channel...

retsef said:

More like just "WTF are you talking about in general?" Let alone needing it for Howard Stern or Sirius.

retsef said:
There is a combiner/splitter available so that you can install a Sirius Outdoor dish near your E* dish and using the existing RG6 cabling to run into the house. Check out the info: http://www.directed.com/audio/sirius/homeAccessories.asp Scroll down the page a bit. They make the S50 and other Sirius radio equipment (Sportser/Starmate/etc.).

So I should tell E* that I need a dpp44 so I can use a third party product to get a totally seprate pay service thru 1 run of RG6?

Yea, I'm sure they will hand it over if I tell them that.

Well luckily I planned for all this hardware when I wired every room with 2 feeds and one with 3 and every room has a phone line so that should work out.

Thx for the info as well

retsef said:
There is a combiner/splitter available so that you can install a Sirius Outdoor dish near your E* dish and using the existing RG6 cabling to run into the house. Check out the info: http://www.directed.com/audio/sirius/homeAccessories.asp Scroll down the page a bit. They make the S50 and other Sirius radio equipment (Sportser/Starmate/etc.).
That products has nothing to do with a DPP44 that I can see. It's just basically a diplexor for satellite radio and DBS. The DPP44 will not do this and you don't need a DPP44 to use the product.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts