Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hamed.Begloo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
Iran-Tehran
Hi there;
I'm new here and not sure if it's the right place to ask this, so apologies in case of making mistake.:sorry

Recently I decided to install a "Wavefrontier Toroidal T90 Dish" and wanted to ask for some helps from those of you who have experience with this special type of dish.

First of all I want to clarify I have a motorized dish but I don't want it because of 2 reasons:

A. I want instant access to every channel at any time without lag or pause and don't want waiting for the dish to rotate when I want to see the channel so this toroidal dish gives me the ability of simultaneous reception of multiple birds at once.

B. Rotary dishes are noisy and make neighbours often angry.

Besides there is a probability that more than one participants/receivers than me/mine would use the dish so a rotary dish wouldn't help if two persons want to receive two different birds at the same time.

The other thing I want you to consider is every bird I want to get will be in Ku-Band and will also have a linear polarization.

So here are my questions:

1. If I buy a new retail package of "Wavefrontier Toroidal T90 Dish", will it come with the pole mount/wall mount in the package by default or it must be bought separately.

2. I heard a lot about many people having issues with spacing between LNBs. I suppose I will have some problems with it too. For example I need both "Badr 4(26.0°E)" and "Astra 2(28.2°E)" which have 28.2°-26.0°=2.2° spacing. I heard from most of people that it's better to get LNBs which have smaller cap(feedhorn) size. But I think if there was a dual output monoblock LNB with 2 degrees spacing(or something around that number) it would be better. So my question is "Is there any monoblocks like that I mentioned with low noise figure? If not, is there any simple LNBs with small cap(feedhorn) which also have a low noise figure?" If there is any please tell me which brand and model.

3. Here in a website(link below) it says "Two satellites which are less than 1.5° apart on the orbital position, can be received by using only one LNB!" by saying "one LNB" does it mean "one dual output LNB" which each outputs connected to a specific input of a DiSEqC switch or I'm wrong?

www[dot]satlex[dot]de/en/wavefrontier_calc.html

4. With a dual output LNB can i receive a bird for watching TV and use the same bird for aerial subscription simultaneously without the TV reception being stopped.

5. I also heard there is a liquid substance that if sprayed/painted on the dish it will prevent snowdrifts being deposited on the dish. If it's true what is this substance.

Thank you in advance and ALL THE BEST.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys.
I moved your thread to the proper area. :)

I personally have never tried one of those dishes, but I know several on here has.
So hopefully you will get some help here soon.

Reactions: Hamed.Begloo
Welcome to SatelliteGuys.
I moved your thread to the proper area. :)

I personally have never tried one of those dishes, but I know several on here has.
So hopefully you will get some help here soon.
Thank you for your help and hopegiving :love

Iceburg is the man for this job.
Is this person "Iceburg" still active in this forums? How can I find him/her?

ALL THE BEST

Yes, he is. Maybe Iceberg will stop by soon.
Thank you "KE4EST". I sent a PM to him. Hope he answers.
BTW why everytime I want to post something containing a link I'm disallowed and a message appears saying "...your content is spam-like..." and something like this? :confused:
This may be some help
SatLex Digital :: Technology :: Calculators :: WF Toroidal Calculator

I got no experience with these but (IIRR) doesn't member Boris has some experience with these?
Thank you. I knew this website before. Can you introduce anyone who can help me about this to me?

BTW why everytime I want to post something containing a link I'm disallowed and a message appears saying "...your content is spam-like..." and something like this? :confused:
You have to have at least 10 posts to post a link.
It is a spam preventive measure.

1. If I buy a new retail package of "Wavefrontier Toroidal T90 Dish", will it come with the pole mount/wall mount in the package by default or it must be bought separately.
I'd check with the seller(s) Hopefully they answer their emails or phone.

2,3,4 2 satellites within 1.5 degrees with a single LNBF- would be received simultaneously.
A dual ouput LNBF would enable the use of a second receiver.
No need for a switch for receiving both satellites, only if more satellites (different positions) or multiple receivers are required.

5. I also heard there is a liquid substance that if sprayed/painted on the dish it will prevent snowdrifts being deposited on the dish. If it's true what is this substance.
I bought some really cheap (store closeout) NeverWet. Used it on my snow shovel, works great! (Bought too late to treat my dishes)
Don't think it would prevent snow drifts. But it will make most of the sticky snow slide off.

I'd check with the seller(s) Hopefully they answer their emails or phone.
Thank you. I emailed one seller some time ago but he didn't answered yet so I thought someone could tell me about it sooner.

2,3,4 2 satellites within 1.5 degrees with a single LNBF- would be received simultaneously.
A dual ouput LNBF would enable the use of a second receiver.
No need for a switch for receiving both satellites, only if more satellites (different positions) or multiple receivers are required.
So does it mean:
For example assume an imaginary satellite at 20 degrees east and another at 21.5 degrees east. I setup a single feed antenna with a single output LNB aiming at one of them(or between them). If I have a DiSEqC 1.2 switch and the LNB is connected to "LNB1" port of the switch, when I'm configuring the receiver and when I set the first satellite(20 degrees) on LNB1, the secondary satellite(21.5 degrees) must be set on LNB1 too. Am I correct?

What about more than 1.5 degrees spacing? Does monoblocks come to use this time?

What about simultaneous TV reception and aerial subscription from one single satellite? Is it even possible?

I bought some really cheap (store closeout) NeverWet. Used it on my snow shovel, works great! (Bought too late to treat my dishes)
Don't think it would prevent snow drifts. But it will make most of the sticky snow slide off.
Thank you again. I will check it out.

ALL THE BEST

satellite(20 degrees) on LNB1, the secondary satellite(21.5 degrees) must be set on LNB1 too. Am I correct?
Correct.

What about more than 1.5 degrees spacing? monoblock?
Or just another LNBF mounted beside the first.

What about simultaneous TV reception and aerial subscription from one single satellite?
Is it even possible?

If I understand the question correctly:
With a dual output LNBF. FTA receiver on one output of the LNBF. The other output would be connected to the subscription receiver.

I installed a few T90's years ago. Would not attempt a monoblock LNBF for two satellite reception as the separation between satellites cannot be optimized.

Use the reduced scalar type LNBFs models for satellites spaced less than 5 degrees. Regular sized scalar LNBFs cannot be positioned close enough to receive satellite positions spaced 4 degrees.

Hamed.Begloo I have one, for more than 10 years already. Now I only use it for watching TV, but earlier spent quiet a bit of time tuning it. 2* separation between satellites is possible with narrow-headed LNBs, something like this P1150549-1 (Large).jpg . And 3* separation is not a problem for 2 usual-headed LNBs setupApr24 (Large).jpg . Original LNB holders are not very handy to use, but still possible.
1,5* between satellites on one LNB perhaps possible. For example 4*E and 5*E can be received by one LNB.
Question: Is your location Tehran? If so, do not it is prohibited to install SAT-dish there? ScreenHunter_609 Jan. 26 18.39.jpg

satellite(20 degrees) on LNB1, the secondary satellite(21.5 degrees) must be set on LNB1 too. Am I correct?
Correct.
OK.

What about more than 1.5 degrees spacing? monoblock?
Or just another LNBF mounted beside the first.
Got it.

What about simultaneous TV reception and aerial subscription from one single satellite?
Is it even possible?

If I understand the question correctly:
With a dual output LNBF. FTA receiver on one output of the LNBF. The other output would be connected to the subscription receiver.
So means it's possible

Thank you very much:hatsoff

I installed a few T90's years ago. Would not attempt a monoblock LNBF for two satellite reception as the separation between satellites cannot be optimized.

Use the reduced scalar type LNBFs models for satellites spaced less than 5 degrees. Regular sized scalar LNBFs cannot be positioned close enough to receive satellite positions spaced 4 degrees.

What is this "reduced scalar type LNBF". When I googled the phrase, it showed some LNBs which seem to be even bigger in size than regular LNBs. One photo was like this:
15sWE1ek.jpg

BTW If I unscrew that bolt on the LNB neck, will it be what you said?
Besides are they weaker in signal reception than regular LNBs? Do they have low noise figure too?

Hamed.Begloo I have one, for more than 10 years already. Now I only use it for watching TV, but earlier spent quiet a bit of time tuning it. 2* separation between satellites is possible with narrow-headed LNBs, something like this View attachment 113193 . And 3* separation is not a problem for 2 usual-headed LNBs View attachment 113194 . Original LNB holders are not very handy to use, but still possible.
Do you know the exact technical name of these "narrow-headed" LNBs so I can search them and buy them, or at least giving the link of one them on ebay? Of course are these LNBs strong in signal reception too and also having low noise figure?

Question: Is your location Tehran? If so, do not it is prohibited to install SAT-dish there? View attachment 113195
Uh-oh... busted:rollingeyes:whistle
Yes, it is. So I'm doing something illegal:banme. But really I don't think it's illegal. You know local laws prohibit installing satellite TV for homeowners but it's against freedom, isn't it? I don't want to raise a political discussion here but most of you(outside iran people) are aware about Iran's authority and government. You know most of them are corrupted statesmen and their sovereignty and reign are more like dictatorship. And about prosecution... don't mind, most of people here can handle it. A statistic report from Iran's government itself said nearly 80 percent of Iranians watch foreign TV channels most of which received by satellite TV. The most annoying problem Iranian people have with SAT-TV is governmental agents continuously send jamming noise waves which interfere with signal waves and as a result we have much weak signal strengths here for receiving. This is why the low noise figure for LNBs is important for me.

And of course thank you to all of you and ALL THE BEST.

jamming noise waves which interfere with signal waves and as a result we have much weak signal strengths here for receiving. This is why the low noise figure for LNBs is important for me.
NF (noise Figure) of the LNB won't lower the intensity of any jamming signal (I Think anyway)
Think I'd stick to a normal offset design to minimize the probability of interference. It 'looks' at only one point in the sky whereas the toroidal looks at a large swath of the sky. I'd think that would increase the probability of looking towards an interference source. (But I've been proven wrong more than once, which is good. Means I'm learning something.) ((chime in))
Good luck and the BEST to you also.

Thank you. I will search for them. By the way you didn't said that they're equal in signal reception strength with regular LNBs or not?

I've seen some youtube videos how lots of satellite dishes were expropriated and destroyed. I wish your dish will not be one of those.
True. But most of those videos are from houses near main streets and avenues. Mine is near a by-lane alley. Anyway thank you for your worries.

NF (noise Figure) of the LNB won't lower the intensity of any jamming signal (I Think anyway)
Think I'd stick to a normal offset design to minimize the probability of interference. It 'looks' at only one point in the sky whereas the toroidal looks at a large swath of the sky. I'd think that would increase the probability of looking towards an interference source. (But I've been proven wrong more than once, which is good. Means I'm learning something.) ((chime in))
Good luck and the BEST to you also.
I'm already using a motorized offset dish with a Premium LNB with 0.2dB noise figure and it works quite good at most satellite directions. But the thing is I'm very interested in this toroidal dish because of multi-satellite simultaneous reception ability. Meanwhile some experts with satellite TV in here suggest putting some very hard and wave-absorbing obstacles around the dish (of course in directions where transmitting satellites aren't in the way) or putting the dish itself in a corner of roof where its covered by walls.
By the way I'm learning from you too. :biggrin2

ALL THE BEST

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)