Rescued a dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

markbone100

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
IL
Saved a dish from the junk pile today. It came from a church, its a Sat Radar brand metal dish, measured 33"x37". Its been up long enough that the original lnb the plastic has dry rotted away and the dish itself starting to get a glaze of rust from the powder coating wearing off. Was used for 3ABN according to the previous owner.

So in theory if the dish is still sound (which it was roof mounted), comes out to a 35" dish?

It should be still fine, I actually just got one the other day on a service call. I did a quick test on it, and the LNBF didn't seem to work. The dish is fine, some body changed a couple of bolts over the years on the mount, but looks good.
Do the string test on it and if that passed and it is not rusted bad, sand and re-paint and you will have you a nice dish. ;)

Should pass the string test, had to remove it off the roof myself. May end up throwing that on the motorized mount

33 wide x 37 tall, makes it a 33" dish.
If you spray it , use a flat paint.
When I made up new support arms for a test dish (click my avatar), I used a $1 spray can of flat gray primer.
Been outside several years, and held up okay.

My station was having trouble receiving MyTV, I think it was. Turned out the fiberglass dish was warping in the heat of the day. They had it out by the dumpster all this week and I thought about taking it home. I came in today and the shop guys were

Whoops, didn't mean to send. Anyway the shop guys were sawing it into small pieces so it'd fit in the trash. Sad really. It was a big C-bander that was assembled from three sections. Note: it was MeTV, not MyTV.

Before they started cutting, should of flashed your EPA-Enforcement Officer card and told them they could not just dump a dish like that and told them you would be back with a hazmat crew to take it away.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts