Resetting DCT210

Status
Please reply by conversation.

alta

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 1, 2004
I purchased an RCA DTC210 on the secondary market and it worked fine until a strong storm knocked out power. It is now working well, except that I had to reprogram it.

I run the locals through the box using my local basic cable package. To add confusion, I'm in one of those very few areas where there are two competing cable providers in my area. So, I put in my zip code and the sat channels are fine. Next came the cable set-up. There are two problems: 1) The cable channels picked up by the receiver are using the channel designations for the competing cable provider, despite my keying in the correct one. For example. If the local CBS on my provider is channel 5 and the other provider's is 7, my DTC210 must be set to 7 in order to get channel 5. Very weird. Problem 2) is that even after going into the edit channel list and clearing out the local stations for the previous owner's area, the remote will go to that empty channel. For example, the previous owner's Fox was channel 10 and my channel 10 is ABC. If I key in 10 on my remote I get the blank screen saying that the channel is unavailable. I then have to channel up to get mine. Again, I've done the reset and channel search and still get the previous owner's channels, then move them to the block side, but they still come up.

Anyone know how to reset or clear out this box so I can run a clean set-up?

Thanks.

Not 100% sure, but have you tried unplugging it over night? Usually 15 minutes or so and my brands are clear, but since I wasn't sure what you did as a reset I thought this might be worth a try.

Ok, that didn't work, anyone else have any suggestions?

You should do a full reset to factory defaults. Go into the service menu by pressing (on the box) menu and the right arrow at the same time. When it resets, everything will be like new. Make sure you go into local channel setup and set your zip code before you do a channel scan. Good luck.

billbillw said:
You should do a full reset to factory defaults. Go into the service menu by pressing (on the box) menu and the right arrow at the same time. When it resets, everything will be like new. Make sure you go into local channel setup and set your zip code before you do a channel scan. Good luck.

Actually, it was the small reset button located next to the card slot. I reset it and it nearly reset perfectly. The only problem is that it refuses to use the cable stations for my provider. I guess I'll have to get used to the competing cable provider's numbers for this box.

Thanks for all the help. I never would have thought of the reset button.

alta said:
Actually, it was the small reset button located next to the card slot. I reset it and it nearly reset perfectly. The only problem is that it refuses to use the cable stations for my provider. I guess I'll have to get used to the competing cable provider's numbers for this box.

Thanks for all the help. I never would have thought of the reset button.

I spoke to soon. After 2 days it reverted to its old tricks and now again goes to the old channels as well as the new ones. DH is about to blow it up, (as well as me). Push channel 3 on the remote and get a blank screen, then need to channel up to get our channel 3. :mad:

Try the full reset "to factory defaults" and start from scratch. If that doesn't work, maybe it needs replacement.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)