Resize Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acerone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2003
Long Island
Anyone know how to resize a picture. I have a picture that I need resized to 144x190.

Attachments

• B000E1MTZE.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V22178400_AA240_.jpg
    B000E1MTZE.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V22178400_AA240_.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 117
Hi, but this movie instead. Thanks

Attachments

• B000E1MTZE.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V22178400_SS500_.jpg
    B000E1MTZE.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V22178400_SS500_.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 108
I use Corel Photopaint on the PC, but I have used GIMP (free/donation).

I'm trying not to pay the full price for Photoshop on the Mac, but I haven't researched too much yet.

Acerone, that's not a "problem"... You just use iPhoto (import the .jpg into iPhoto, Edit the image to crop off the white space, then Export the image, specifying the size). (see attached)

Simple!

Attachments

• CMT-Cover2.jpg
    CMT-Cover2.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 119
Acerone, that's not a "problem"... You just use iPhoto (import the .jpg into iPhoto, Edit the image to crop off the white space, then Export the image, specifying the size). (see attached)

Simple!

Foxbat, I have tired iPhoto and I can't seem to be able to get it to work. I have the image on iPhoto and have it set at 144x189 but I can't seem to save the size...

Attachments

• displaymedia.php.jpg
    displaymedia.php.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 122
Foxbat, I have tired iPhoto and I can't seem to be able to get it to work. I have the image on iPhoto and have it set at 144x189 but I can't seem to save the size...
Maybe it's your version of iPhoto. I just got my Mac, so I'm running iPhoto 6.0.6 (322). If you have an older version, you might need to upgrade your iLife.

Attachments

• RioBravo.jpg
    RioBravo.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 130
After I cropped the cover art, I went to "File", "Export...", and selected a different resolution:

I don't see how you can change the aspect ratio lock (that's why it's one pixel wider than you wanted,) but you should be able to do this.

Attachments

• iPhotoExport.jpg
    iPhotoExport.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 112
After I cropped the cover art, I went to "File", "Export...", and selected a different resolution:

I don't see how you can change the aspect ratio lock (that's why it's one pixel wider than you wanted,) but you should be able to do this.

Thanks a lot. I'm finally able to do this all by myself :)

Thanks a lot. I'm finally able to do this all by myself :)
Glad I could help... I'm still learning my way around the Mac (got it in January) but my in-Laws have had one for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)