Resolution on my HR22?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

trellaine

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
Vancouver
I am currently watching my localHD channel in Seattle. I am watching the baseball game.
My receiver is showing "480p" but it is widescreen format. I know widescreen doesn't mean 720p or 1080

But I would imagine the game is in 720p? or 1080i?

I just wonder how come the receiver shows "480" what does that light mean or show?

Thanks

Last edited:
You need to set your receiver to accept 720 and 1080.
Menu, HD SetUp, Resolutions. Check all the boxes, If your tv supports the setting, Do what the screen tells you . Its simple. Then you can change the settings with your remote. Directv Tech should have done this before he left.

Have you tried to set the output of the HR22 to 1080i or 720p? Providing your TV can support those resolutions.

I did that before, checked all the boxes. I guess the seattle game was only 480p? LOL because it looked like at least 720p.

I have the ESPNHD game on now and the box shows 720p.

*shrug*

If that game was on FSN, it is 720p. However, if your receiver is set with native mode off, it will output any of 480i, 480p, 720p or 1020i depending on which resolutions you have enabled (you can cycle through them with the Format key). With native on, it will match the transmitted resolution, if enabled.

If that game was on FSN, it is 720p. However, if your receiver is set with native mode off, it will output any of 480i, 480p, 720p or 1020i depending on which resolutions you have enabled (you can cycle through them with the Format key). With native on, it will match the transmitted resolution, if enabled.

Thanks for clarification. Is it better or make any difference having native on or off? Any preferred method?

Thanks for clarification. Is it better or make any difference having native on or off? Any preferred method?

Depends on your TV set; a good HDTV will work best with Native On. It will also save you the effort of flipping through the Format button.

I prefer the Screen Format set to Original and TV ratio set to 4:3 since my TV is already set to 16:9. This gives my HDTV the most original picture so my TV can do all the processing.

Keep all your resolution boxes selected that will display if using Native On.

I prefer to have ny HRs set to Native Off with the resolution set to 1080i. This way my RP HDTV doesn't need to go through gyrations when the resolution changes.

I prefer to have ny HRs set to Native Off with the resolution set to 1080i. This way my RP HDTV doesn't need to go through gyrations when the resolution changes.

Yes, many have complained about slow channel changes with Native set On but I don't channel surf so it doesn't bother me so much.

I enjoy the better PQ and consider it worth waiting the 4 seconds it takes to change channel when my D* changes resolution to match the broadcast.

I'm a firm believer in the concept that there's no right or wrong with either setting...what does matter is user preference and D* does a good job in keeping options open for user preference.

Depends on your TV set; a good HDTV will work best with Native On. It will also save you the effort of flipping through the Format button.

I prefer the Screen Format set to Original and TV ratio set to 4:3 since my TV is already set to 16:9. This gives my HDTV the most original picture so my TV can do all the processing.

Keep all your resolution boxes selected that will display if using Native On.

I have my HR22 connected through my Onkyo receiver via HDMI.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)