resolution setting on H-10

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tim1970

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
When I set up my box, I set the resolution on 1080i/480ip. I could not use native mode, since my tv does not support 720. Now when I switch between hd and non hd channels, I have to use the format button on my remote to choose the correct resolution. Is there a way to for the box to automatically choose either 1080 or 480 depending on the channel?

THanks

Tim

tim1970 said:
When I set up my box, I set the resolution on 1080i/480ip. I could not use native mode, since my tv does not support 720. Now when I switch between hd and non hd channels, I have to use the format button on my remote to choose the correct resolution. Is there a way to for the box to automatically choose either 1080 or 480 depending on the channel?
THanks
Tim

Just let the STB upconvert everything to 1080i. Unless I'm missing something, there should be no reason to change from 1080i. The STB can be set to automatically put pillar columns on the 4:3 image or to use one of the stretch modes. This is how I use my RCA DTC210. Usually the STB does a better job of upscaling.

I'm also confused that you say your TV doesn't support 720p. What TV are you using? Most non-720p TVs will accept the 720p signal and automatically upconvert to 1080i. Have you actually tried to use the Native setting? What happens when you tune to 720p?

My TV is a Mitsubishi 55" Rear Projection CRT. Sorry, but I can't remember the exact model number. When a 720 signal is sent to it, the screen starts flashing, and displaying all kinds of weird images. Similar to using a refresh-rate on a computer monitor that is not supported.

Must be an older model. Like I said originally, I would just let the H-10 upconvert everything to 1080i and leave it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)