Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Greetings folks and welcome to another SatelliteGuys.US Live Retailer Chat recap.

In this recap we will do our best to pass along information which may be of interest to you the consumer from the chat. As always we will not discuss sensitive dealer issues such as dealer costs or profits.

As always this recap will be updated in realtime, I am again today listening to the chat and can not see the screen and I will do my best to pass along what I hear (while also chatting on our online chat which is now open) so please forgive me in advance if I type or hear something wrong.

Thank you and enjoy!

The show starts at Noon Eastern Time. Please stop by our chat room at http://www.satelliteguys.us/chat.php

The show opens with Jim and Erik talking about the recent retailer incentive cruise they took.

Telling us what a great time they had.

Now they are talking about the DishFamily package and that the package have given them a 20% lift in sales.

Still talking about the Family program, it qualifies for all promotions EXCEPT the three month free Starz promotion.

Now they are talking about the 10th year aniversary.

The first customer signed up on March 4th, 1996.

Video is still playing... I am positive this will be shown on Monday Night's Charlie Chat.

Its a long video about 6 minutes now.

Erik corrects somethig we reported earlier, the Family package DOES qualify for the Starz promo.

Echostar 10 launch is still being shown.

No More SuperDish Markets.

Some Local Markets will move from 110 to 119.

HI and AK locals will be on 110

All locals will be available with a Dish 500. (I am guess he means local SD channels)

Echostar 10 will start working in mid april or late april.

Many ethnics will move to the wings then.

The announce that the Tennis Channel is available.

next up they talk about Oragamenet. (Korean Gamin Channel)

BTN a 24 hour buddist channel. Channel 658 from 61.5 and 148 available in the korean value pack.

Altanta will no longer be available as a distant network as it will be moving to the 110 slot on a spotbeam.

Those getting Atlanta as a distant network will be getting New York instead.

Washing DC HD locals will be at 61.5 not Dish 1000 as they prviously said. All new DC Installed should be installed with a 61.5 dish.

Those who were installed with a Dish 1000 will need to have the 129 feed disconected and a 61.5 dish put up.

Pre Paid Card Experation dates have been extended to the end of the year, in addition future pre paid cards will be for a year.

Next up they go into a dealer issue and that is with dealers sending inunits for repair where Dish Network finds no problem found...

Sounds like no more new programming announcements on this chat.

Leslie harper comes in and tells us how to make the tv1 remote into a UHF controlable remote. The secret is in the key. :)

This is something they should (but probably wont) show on Mondays Charlie Chat.

Todays 622 software update will have a new feature built in, and that is a built in HD Favorites list, where you can press select on your remote till you see HD FAVS and all the HD channels will be in this guide.

The 522 PocketDish software rollout is going out slowly. Remember the 625/522 is only USB 1.1 meaning it will take 40 minutes to transfer 40 minutes to transfer to the pocketdish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)