Retailer Chat Oct. 16th

I think what CBS is about to do tells us what ala carte would look like. $5.99 for a streaming CBS....

The only way this will become even mildly successful is if CBS pulls all of the content it has off of the other streaming services and puts it on this service. Even then I think CBS is living in a dream world. Why pay $5.99 for CBS only content when you can pay $7.99 for Hulu Plus, $8.99 for Netflix or $99/year for Amazon Prime. I see massive fail in this.

Reactions: TheKrell
Yes. You complained about Dish "fattening" their bottom line. That means the increase has nothing to do with rising programming costs.
No, show me where I said Dish, you really should improve your reading skills.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Going by prices now, yes. I'm saying they need to try and negotiate some deals with the networks that allow them to create such a package. They need a package at the $39.99 price point.
Agreed, but such a package will almost certainly be junk.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Even if it were junk for some, for others it might be a good alternative. More choice is better and they can add additional channels in the future tweaking it. Dish should add some of their own content like Netflix is doing or pickup a lot of cancelled shows (I remember Directv picking up a few in the past). Would be cool to have a channel that had cancelled shows that were decent.

I think what CBS is about to do tells us what ala carte would look like. $5.99 for a streaming CBS....

Yeah, in their dreams! If you had a choice of paying $6/mo for CBS alone, would you do so? After they have this service up for awhile, the market will assert itself and CBS will have to lower their price or else just shut it down. I predict they will shut it down.

Reactions: Stargazer
Yeah, in their dreams! If you had a choice of paying $6/mo for CBS alone, would you do so? After they have this service up for awhile, the market will assert itself and CBS will have to lower their price or else just shut it down. I predict they will shut it down.
given the choices, probably would

figure it out, there was only one question in the quote
Technically there was only one question, but there was also an either/or speculation as well. You could have been commenting on the speculation.

You also could have just quoted the question you were responding to.

It's not uncommon. Spread out different increases throughout the year in small amounts compared to one big increase once a year.

Were the same packages increased twice in the same year by Dish or is this two separate packages that were increased?

Wow 2 price increases in 1 year.

Makes it easier to sell directv

so I see the Everything pack going up the same as $2 the movie channels bundles. So what else increased? I don't see where any of most popular (2oo, 120) packages are increasing so I don't see how DTV is going to get much of a boost from this.

With HBO going internet with no cable/sat requirment, its a good time for a better programming package from Dish, or ALA C
The likely failed assumption here is that HBO is going to offer whatever it is they offer for much under $25 a month for one or two simultaneous views.

The likely failed assumption here is that HBO is going to offer whatever it is they offer for much under $25 a month for one or two simultaneous views.

Even 25 a month + Free OTA would be better than paying for "Pay To Watch Old People Wanting To Have Sex Drug Commercials" channels.

The only way this will become even mildly successful is if CBS pulls all of the content it has off of the other streaming services and puts it on this service. Even then I think CBS is living in a dream world. Why pay $5.99 for CBS only content when you can pay $7.99 for Hulu Plus, $8.99 for Netflix or $99/year for Amazon Prime. I see massive fail in this.
I think CBS sees this being attractive to those who want to watch its content remotely or even live streaming of the CBS O&O's when out and about, not at home. For some it may be worth it, but I agree that it sure does not help that some of the content is already out there. CBS is even promoting the old Dallas series as an attraction. Please!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)