Retailer Chat Recap, November 27, 2007

Then she goes in and talks about HDCP, she tells us how later next month we will be able to check if a TV is HDCP compliant by going into the system information screen page two with a HDMI cable, it will display if the TV is HDCP compliant, if yes they are all set, if not then the customer should hook up component cables and can watch the content in an "analog HD resolution"

Uh OH!!! :mad: I will be REALLY pi$$ed off if they start down-rezzing HD because I use component. I don't have DVI, HDMI or anything digital like that. Why should I have to be punished because I use component? If this happens and the "analog HD resolution" is less than 1440x1080i, I'm cancelling Dish and going Blu-Ray exclusive.

Yeah, I have an analog-only set and I like it better than 99% of the digital sets out there now. Why should I be forced to buy a new TV? This is REALLY REALLY REALLY starting to pi$$ me off! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Uh OH!!! :mad: I will be REALLY pi$$ed off if they start down-rezzing HD because I use component. I don't have DVI, HDMI or anything digital like that. Why should I have to be punished because I use component? If this happens and the "analog HD resolution" is less than 1440x1080i, I'm cancelling Dish and going Blu-Ray exclusive.

Yeah, I have an analog-only set and I like it better than 99% of the digital sets out there now. Why should I be forced to buy a new TV? This is REALLY REALLY REALLY starting to pi$$ me off! :mad: :mad: :mad:

You do know that blue ray exclusive only does 1080i and 1080p over HDMI don't you

At least with HD-DVD you can get 1080i over component :D

You do know that blue ray exclusive only does 1080i and 1080p over HDMI don't you

At least with HD-DVD you can get 1080i over component :D

Neither format will upconvert DVDs to 1080 over component. Both will output 1080i over component for HD discs as long as the HD disc does not have the image constraint token (ICT). Both formats will limit component to 480p for HD if the ICT is present.

Neither format will upconvert DVDs to 1080 over component. Both will output 1080i over component for HD discs as long as the HD disc does not have the image constraint token (ICT). Both formats will limit component to 480p for HD if the ICT is present.

Not true with the Xbox 360 drive though. Even with the ICT present it will do 1080i.

It will also do it with a VGA connection. :D

Not true with the Xbox 360 drive though. Even with the ICT present it will do 1080i.
Kinda. The whole point of ICT is to drop the content's resolution over analog to 960x540. Since there's no common component-video standard for 960x540, manufacturers are free to output a 480p signal, or downrez to 960x540 (throwing away some of the HD goodness) and then scale it to a 1080i or 1080p signal. The Xbox 360 may output 1080i, but the underlying content will already have been downrezzed to 960x540 if the ICT is set.

It remind me what DirecTV and Dish doing with HD channels: getting original feed in 1920x1080, change it to 1440x1080 then compress it and after delivering to DVR/receiver outputting to our HDTV as 1920x1080.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts