retention discounts for existing customers out of contract?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

aperiod

Original poster
May 19, 2011
around here
I've been with dish over 3 years and am currently out of contract. I pay for the 200 channel package, plus DVR, and just have a 722 with an OTA module. I'm happy with what I have and was just hoping to get some discounts off the monthly fee for signing a new 24 month contract, no upgrades or anything. They only wanted to offer free programming (which I won't use) or a tiny $5 off for 6 months. :( Will they really not extend any discounts to keep me another 24 months? I pay on time (enrolled in bill pay and paperless, etc). I'm ready to go to directv because all their significant discounts for new customers are so entincing in comparison, now that they have the whole house dvr ability.

I recommend asking the Dish Internet Response Team, or by emailing CEO@dishnetwork.com

The CEO address took care of me for the same thing you are requesting, and I just requested a retention discount for this year and it was given to me for another year.

Hope this helps.

I've been with dish over 3 years and am currently out of contract. I pay for the 200 channel package, plus DVR, and just have a 722 with an OTA module. I'm happy with what I have and was just hoping to get some discounts off the monthly fee for signing a new 24 month contract, no upgrades or anything. They only wanted to offer free programming (which I won't use) or a tiny $5 off for 6 months. :( Will they really not extend any discounts to keep me another 24 months? I pay on time (enrolled in bill pay and paperless, etc). I'm ready to go to directv because all their significant discounts for new customers are so entincing in comparison, now that they have the whole house dvr ability.
Hi and welcome to Sat Guys, we do appreciate your business here at Dish Network and would like to keep you in our family. I would be happy to take a look at your account and see if I can get you qualified for any discounts. Please PM me your account info or phone# and I will see what I can do. Thank you!

The grass is always greener on the other side, but it still has to be mowed.

I gotcha! The practical side of me is hard to ignore when I weigh the costs over the next 2+ years. But if dish could give a little love, even if it didn't match dtv, it'd be easier to justify staying because of hassle, starting over on the dvr, etc. ;)

Mary, I'll pm you, thanks. :)

I've been loyal for a while too, and I'm also out of contract, but I don't think they'll give me anything more than they already do. I even had to pay for the only service call I ever had, but it's all good

Discounts to new customers are to intice new business. Dish and Direct lose money on new customers. After you contract runs out, its time to pay the fiddler for all the freebies that you received. Just pay up or go to Direct, who cares.

I'm currently a D* subscriber, out of contract, who is seriously thinking of switching to E* because of their better HD packages. I did my due diligence, checked LOS to Eastern Arc sats with Dishpointer, decided on 2 receivers, a 722 and 612 and priced out 1 year of bills staying with D* and switching to E*. I currently have Choice Ultimate, HD Extra Pack, HBO and Showtime. My Dish package would be AT250, Platinum Pack, HBO and Showtime. My calculations showed that I would save almost $500 in year 1 by switching to Dish. The $99.00 second HDDVR fee would be offset by signing up thru Dishstore and getting a $125 Visa Gift Card.

I called D*, said Cancel Service, and was connected to a retention CSR. I explained that I liked D* but it was economically advantageous to switch to E*. I explained how I could save the $500. It took the CSR less than a minute to offer me instant credits and 24 month credits that amounted to $480 in the next year and $180 in year 2 with no obligation or contract extension on my part. I am staying with D* since I'm now watching it free for the next 3 months. This is good because they seem to be hinting of more HD and a revolutionary GUI so I'll just wait for results and then switch if D* disappoints.

The bottom line is that neither provider wants to lose good customers. I see a lot of posts from loyal customers of both providers knocking posters like me for being cheap, but I'm retired and $500.00 is big bucks to me. Maybe if more of us had the time to research options and be willing to execute them both D* and E* would care a little more about retaining their customers rather than trying to steal customers from each other.

Discounts to new customers are to intice new business. Dish and Direct lose money on new customers. After you contract runs out, its time to pay the fiddler for all the freebies that you received. Just pay up or go to Direct, who cares.
I agree what makes them better than any other customer that pays published rates. If they want to switch all the better for us, it will keep our costs down instead of subsidizing their bills.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)