RETRO 294

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ashecnc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 2, 2010
Asheville, NC
I just noticed channel 294 called RETRO, I don't even see this on dish networks lineup. I have the 250, I wonder if this also is on the 200? Anyone know? Thanks!

294, Retroplex, is owned by Starz, I think. Shows older movies.

I believe that you are referring to RetroPlex (a movie channel) in the HD Platinum add-on.
Check out this link (It is third on the list):
HD Platinum - Dish Network

In addition, check out this site for more info.:
MoviePlex

upon closer look you're right, I see plex tiny. I guess the RTV is not on here, dang. The RTV site shows its in this town, I guess Dish does not want it.

RetroPlex is part of the HD platinum package and has been in free preview. It is a commercial free movie channel from the Starz package along with IndiePlex.

RetroPlex is not to be confused with RetroTV (RTV) mentioned by Ghpr13 above.

RetroPlex is part of the HD platinum package and has been in free preview. It is a commercial free movie channel from the Starz package along with IndiePlex.

RetroPlex is not to be confused with RetroTV (RTV) mentioned by Ghpr13 above.

Thanks for that, you're right, I see that now. RTV would be great to have, I don't know how he has that. I rechecked that and I don't have that one But according to RTV's site, they show my town as having it. I guess Dish don't have it, I have no idea how that works.

RTV is a sub-channel to one of your local channels. Here in Cincinnati it is channel 25.3. If you have a Dish receiver with a TV tuner (612, 622, 722, etc) you can attach an antenna to your receiver and get all the local channels and sub-channels through your receiver. The channels will be integrated into your program guide. Unfortunately RTV just shows up as "Digital Service".

If you do not have a receiver with an OTA tuner but you have a digital (HD) TV, you can hook up an antenna to your TV and get whatever channels over the air. I use a $30 rabbit ear amplified antenna so you don't have to spend a fortune! YMMV

RTV is a sub-channel to one of your local channels. Here in Cincinnati it is channel 25.3. If you have a Dish receiver with a TV tuner (612, 622, 722, etc) you can attach an antenna to your receiver and get all the local channels and sub-channels through your receiver. The channels will be integrated into your program guide. Unfortunately RTV just shows up as "Digital Service".

If you do not have a receiver with an OTA tuner but you have a digital (HD) TV, you can hook up an antenna to your TV and get whatever channels over the air. I use a $30 rabbit ear amplified antenna so you don't have to spend a fortune! YMMV

Wow, looks like Dish would never carry that anyway if its only on the locals. Must be more of a cable channel. Oh well, thanks for your help.

Thanks for that, you're right, I see that now. RTV would be great to have, I don't know how he has that. I rechecked that and I don't have that one But according to RTV's site, they show my town as having it. I guess Dish don't have it, I have no idea how that works.

Other option to have RTV is FTA (Ku) on AMC 9 @ 83w

Free to Air tv, i.e. Free Satellite tv. ;)
ha ha, thanks, I have not kept up with the board, or have I explored anything to do with antenna or subs or etc. So its all unclear on that. I have a 722, supposed to be an off air hook up back there, after that, I have no idea how it comes in lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)