Retro Jams gone??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Will be nice to have a Louisiana station in the Equity mux. However, I do not want to lose Retrojams. I wonder if it (Retrojams) will be added to another TP (like maybe 12114)...

iafirebuff said:
Am I reading this right? There is another RTN that is replcacing the tube?

in the channel list, yes. This new RTN will be replacing the channel slot in our receivers that was occupied by Retro Jams

Hopefully they move Retro Jams to another transponder (maybe 11800)

screenshot of the "new" RTN 27

Attachments

• IM000828.JPG
    IM000828.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 194
Iceberg, what receiver where you using when you grabbed that screenshot? My traxis showed retrojams until the card came up and it now scans KWCE as well.

ghia said:
Iceberg, what receiver where you using when you grabbed that screenshot? My traxis showed retrojams until the card came up and it now scans KWCE as well.

Ice's still shows THETUBE since he hasn't rescanned in a while.

Thats the KUSat 2600 but I just scanned last night...maybe I need to delete the channels then rescan :)

Normally the KUSat overrides the old names...guess not

they've been gone for a while now :(
station must have moved into their new digs and no longer need the satellite uplink

Trying to get TheTube on AMC3 but all I get is the video.
Anyone else having this problem or can someone get me the correct codes?
Tnx

Welcome :wave

The Tube is AC-3 audio. You need a sat receiver that can send AC-3 and an audio receiver to decode it :)

Central MN, huh? There are a few of us Minnesotan's on the board (SW suburbs of Minneapolis here) :)

Thanks Iceberg,
Can you give me a pointer to more info on AC-3 audio?
I'm using a Coship 3188C MPEG2 receiver w/a dual band BUD.
Analog side is a Uniden 4400+

I don't think the Coship outputs AC-3. I have a few units that look like they could (has to have a SPDIF connection on it) but they don't. Its designed for Dolby Digital output

Ok, from what I've gleaned, AC3 audio is a optical digital standard so I'd need a receiver (audio type) capable of using a fiber optical AC3 input, right?
Pretty well puts my state of the art stereo (in 1979) to bed :)

AC-3 can come out of either the optical output or a coaxial (RCA) digital output, depending on which your receiver has. In either case, it is a special digital signal that is compressed and requires an AC-3 (AKA Dolby Digital) decoder. Even if your receiver has optical outputs, it won't necessarily output compressed digital audio (AC-3/Dolby Digital). Some only output PCM on the optical outputs, which is uncompressed.

So you need a FTA receiver capable of outputting compressed Dolby Digital (AC-3) AND a stereo amp (or receiver) capable of decoding Dolby Digital with the appropriate type of input (either optical or coaxial digital).

I guess I am lucky

Iceberg said:
Just turned on Retro Jams and all that is there is color bars

Was using FTA (One of my favorites!)...now I will have to find it on the BUD! (did not know it was there!)
Jeff

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)