Returning a leased 522 DVR

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
A mere eight months after upgrading to a 622, E* today sent me a box to return my 522 (which has been sitting on a shelf). I made two requests to CS for them to send a box to my billing address (service address is different) and they finally sent the box.

In the box are instructions saying that I need to return the LNBF. When I did the upgrade the installer replaced the Dish 500 with a Dish 1000, I no longer have the LNBF from the 500, since the installer took it (which at the time I did not think anything of, but now am annoyed by it because I could have used it to hook up to the 148 bird). BUT anyway... I trust I can just ignore that part of the instructions???

Or should I put a note in the box saying my LNBF is in use on my existing equipment??

If you ignore it, you'll see a $100 dollar charge in about 14 days. What you need to do is call the customer service number (800-333-3474) and explain your situation to the rep. The LNBF is required to be returned, but knowing how things usually play out DISH is more interested in the receivers. Let them know what's going on and in most cases the return of that item will be waived.

Never put a note in an equipment return box, the note sees the trash faster than the box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts