Returning Damaged Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jimi323

Original poster
Jan 7, 2009
US
Okay Everyone,

I had an H20-600 go bad this week. I did not realize the receiver was leased and unfortunately took out some of my frustrations on it. I have already picked up a replacement. Directv want this receiver back or I will have to pay the fee for not returning it. What should I do? I can send this one back but it is not in great shape, or I can buy one off ebay or craigslist and make 1 good one using the case I have with the serial number. Any opinions or experiences with a situation like this. I know someone has to have been through this.

You're going to have some trouble finding a truly owned H20 anywhere. Yes, they do exist but I'd be very, very careful about getting one off of eBay as it most probably is somebody trying to sell a leased unit. Most of the owned H20's were purchased just as DirecTV was changing over from bought to leased units a couple of years and that was only for a month or so. I happen to have one but I'm not parting with it anytime soon.

Just send it back and tell DirecTV that it fell off the shelf or was dropped down the stairs when moving it or got runover by the car. :)

When you get a replacement for a broken box, they send you a label to send your old one back, so you will have to send SOMETHING back or else they'll charge you the full price of the new box. Just send it back and see what they say.

ps: WTF was that first reply?

I think I will just send it back and see what happens. The shipping box probably won't show up for a week or so. I know if I send nothing they will charge me. It looks like the way the box is built I could take the guts out of another box and put them in mine and send it back but it is possible the boards have serial numbers tied to the unit.

I'm not sure about the first reply either. I read it 4 or 5 times. I think there is some missing punctuation but that still only helps a little. Very strange!

Thanks to everyone for their input.

Send it back and hope they don't charge you for the damages. The guts of another receiver won't match the information on your account.

I immediately thought of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer sends Jerry's broken receiver "Insured" & tries to have the post office just "write it off".

Seriously, the guts may or may not have markers but the hard drive is usually the dead giveaway, something your box doesn't even have. If I remember correctly, the 600 series was the unit that was recalled due to overheating issues & it's a shame you destroyed a box that was likely to cost you nothing anyway. Unfortunately, they still refurbish these boxes & offer them up to people with like equipment when problems arise. You could post a pic of the receiver, but I suspect a little soft honesty with a trip down the stairs will get you the most sympathy. It's an older model & when coupled with the disarray of most of these RSA warehouses you might not even get a phone call.

I have to apologize about that I was drinking my morning OJ, and all of a sudden I read this thread and I am like OMG WTF was he thinking. Which lead to my jumbled posting. Basically you win this weeks dee dee dee award.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)