Returning E* equipment - they want LNBF?

Used IC electronic equipment is just as reliable as new, maybe a little more reliable, because if it is going to fail, it is more likely to fail in its early life.

The older it is the more reliable it is.

These are not like hard drives that wear out, they keep going and going and going...

My question is, what the h$ll does Dish Network do with all the returned LNBs? I sure hope they're not re-installing them.

I do care and I'm sure a lot of people do too. I don't want a used piece of equipment that will later fail in my setup.

Then buy the equipment from Dish vs leasing it. If you buy an LNB or receiver or switch, you choose whether you want new or refurbished. If you're leasing, you have no say...

Well, I still haven't received any used equipment but if I do I'll definitely buy my own equipment. That's not a problem with me.

Hehehehe, Ok heres the scoop from someone who worked for dish.

The lnbfs that are taken off and or sent back on upgrades and cancellations get refurbished and sent back to the offices to be used on upgrades and new installs, same goes for switches and remotes and recievers and you wont know this unless you ask the installer so RandallA I hate to say this but you more than likely have atleast one piece of refurb in your system somewhere unless you purchased your system and even then theres a chance that an lnbf or a switch is refurbed but the receiver wont be as it cant be sold as new when its refurbed and when you buy a system your basicly buyin the receiver only. If your getting a free system then theres not much that anyone can complain about because its free and you cant get any better than free so long as what your getting is working as it should and in alot of cases refurb works longer and better than new( except for sw-64 switches ) when it comes to dish products.

Since they are replacing the older lnb's with the new "Dish Pro", I don't see why they would want the old ones back if they were installed back in 2005 or earlier. When dish move set me up at new house last month they left the old lnb's with me.

What happened to 'Dish Mover" where they want you to leave the dish and lnb for the next person that will live there?? Or did you tell them you were staying but changing providers? If you are changing to Direct, have that installer get the lnb for you.

We RMA all the dead LNB's so I don't have any to give away. I can sell you a dead LNB at Cost which will save me from having to ship it back.

As far as the Dishmover scenario, the fact of the matter is that when your moving, Dish wants to kiss your ass and keep you as a customer. Why piss you off and create a big un-necessary stink by demanding you go on your roof to remove the LNB and find the switches.

When your calling to cancel, the attitude on DISH Networks part is "Screw You". The LNB is technically theirs since they gave it to you to use during the initial installation. You can either go on your roof and take it down, or pay for it. Its simply another way to get another $100 out of you.

The fact of the matter is that customers usually get their way, because when they don't get what they want they usually start talking about cancelling and then DISH Network does whatever the customer wants to keep their business.

This is the one time that the customer absolutly has no say, because once you cancel your service they simply do not care!

Its like 2 years ago I got charged back on a lady 9 months into her contract because she moved from her apartment and cancelled her service. Then after I was charged back $150, she had the nerve to call me up and demand we send someone out to remove the wiring from the baseboards in her apartment and fill in the small holes from the staple gun so the apartment complex does not charge her for damages. I asked her if she wanted to do a FREE DISH Mover to her new place, and I would be glad to send someone out to remove the old wiring, and she told me she had already ordered cable. After trying for 10 minutes, discussing DISH Networks cancellation fee she would have to pay, that she refused to believe she signed a contract, there was no way to convince her to keep Dish because Comcast was giving her such a great deal.

I then told her it was a $65 CASH service call to get someone out to remove the wiring. She then went off on me telling me how she will never get DISH Network again and how we are just terrible to deal with. I literally laughed at her, that she would cancel her service and expect us to spend money to pay a technician to remove wiring from an account we lost money, that she refuses to finish out her contract and move her service to her new home. Im like Lady, we don't want you back you can't even honor the contract you signed with us the first time!

I finally told her to go to Home Depot, buy a pair of pliers, wire cutters and a small tube of caulk and do it herself if she didn't want to pay me for my services.