Returning to Dish as a "New" customer

upsss

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
AZ
For how long (minimum) do you have to leave Dish to be able to return and signup as a "New" customer?

My agreement says three months:

Subscriber Eligibility: Services and equipment must be ordered, installed and activated between and including February 1, 2012 and May 20, 2012. Only 1 participant per household. This offer may not be combined with any other offer. This offer is limited to: (A) new, first-time residential DISH subscribers; and (B) former DISH subscribers who (1) paid all balances owing under their prior DISH account(s) in full; and (2) have not received any DISH service during the 3-month period prior to activation under this plan (“Former DISH Subscribers”). No new, first-time residential DISH subscriber or Former DISH Subscriber shall be eligible for this plan unless such subscriber: (a) resides in the continental United States, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands, or certain areas in Alaska; (b) provides DISH with a social security number and a valid major credit card or debit/check card number, each issued to the customer who signs this Agreement; and (c) receives credit approval ...

garys said:
It is three months to return as a returning customer. Never a New customer once you have any account. Promos pretty close to those a new customer would get.

3 months. You sign up returning customer. You get existing offers/ promo as a new customer

Yes, you would have wait 90 days before you would be able to re-qualify as a customer. You would be able to get the new customer offers that we advertise on our website.

So Mary, or anyone else who knows the answer to this, if you leave then return 3+ months later, would any shows you have saved on an external hard drive still work once your account is reactivated?

They'll be gone. New account new activation new numbers all around. If you want to keep them drop down to lowest pkg, watch/record like crazy then drop.

So Mary, or anyone else who knows the answer to this, if you leave then return 3+ months later, would any shows you have saved on an external hard drive still work once your account is reactivated?

The other posters are correct. Once you account is disconnected for 3 month and you resign, you will have a different authorization tag for any external hard drives.

Mary and all, thanks for that info. Fortunately most that I have DVR'd is movies and I can get those again about anytime, either through Blockbuster, Netflix or just record again.

To petesgarden, I have not been here as long as others but in my couple of years here it seems that the best I'm seeing is sometimes they offer free premiums for a few months or maybe $10 off for a year or something. But I'm sure someone with more knowledge will chime in soon.

The bundle offer Time Warner offered was tempting in itself, but the way I see it right now is this...I can go to TWC for three months or so...save $40 a month during a period of time (Summer) we watch and record much less TV. Then go back to Dish when many of the Hopper issues should be ironed out (including two Hoppers seeing each other and the OTA) and get $30 off per month, which is their current offer, for another 12 months. This move temporarily would save approx. $480 (probably $450 after sending back my two receivers at $15 each). It's quite an appealing option considering I'd only have to be gone three months.

...The bundle offer Time Warner offered was tempting in itself, but the way I see it right now is this...I can go to TWC for three months or so...save $40 a month during a period of time (Summer) we watch and record much less TV. Then go back to Dish when many of the Hopper issues should be ironed out (including two Hoppers seeing each other and the OTA) and get $30 off per month, which is their current offer, for another 12 months. This move temporarily would save approx. $480 (probably $450 after sending back my two receivers at $15 each). It's quite an appealing option considering I'd only have to be gone three months.
To get the "New User" offers from Dish it requires a two year committment. If you're out of contract now, then I guess you could do it once.

To get the "New User" offers from Dish it requires a two year committment. If you're out of contract now, then I guess you could do it once.

Correct, I have no problem committing to Dish another two years. In fact, I prefer them by far over Time Warner. $450 or so for a three month change is pretty significant though. The TWC deal is no contract, price guaranteed for twelve months. I could be back before football season since they don't have NFL Network or Redzone.

That looks like the best way to get the Hopper/Joey and save the most $$. Although I am considering signing up my wife as a new account (we are moving), and just going straight to the Hopper/Joey. The new house is on TWC, but not sure if I can stand TWC for 3 months. I have RoadRunner, but my rate just went way up, probably switch to Earthlink.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts