Returning to Dish

acousticbiker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 27, 2003
I've been taking advantage of a sweet Comcast deal for the last year, but I'm contemplating a return to Dish (especially now that they have local HD in my market and a nice selection of other HD channels). How do I find the best deal on getting subscribed with an HD DVR?

Once you have had dish, you are no longer and can never be a true "new" customer. I just resubscribed after a 4 year abscence to the hd package. I ordered online using the ordering system. There was one page that promised a $49.99 credit on installation if you sign up for 18 months. $50 being $50 I signed up. When I got the bill, no credit. After the 3rd call and twice being promised the credit I was told I wouldn't get it as I was a former customer, even tho it didn't say that on the ordering page. They said I would've seen that if I went to the promotions page. What a joke. I went round and round demanding either the $50 or release from my commitmant because I only commited due to the credit. Finally got to executive appeals and they gave me the credit, but ONLY because 2 csr's had promised the credit before they realized I was a former customer. I rememeber now why I left in the first place. Unfortunately, their programing is what I like. Much cheaper than cable, and the right lineup in the package I want compared D*. If you have the same address and Phone # you had before, the computer kicks in and says your former, not new.

One other thing, the $10 a month deal if you sign up for silver and above. It was $100 in May and was just increased to $200 I beleive. This IS NOT automatic. You have to fill out a rebate form and mail it in with your bill. The credit will start in 8-10 weeks. I didn't find this out either until I complained. No where in the ordering process does it say that. I guess were just supposed to know these things.

mabrandt said:
Once you have had dish, you are no longer and can never be a true "new" customer. I just resubscribed after a 4 year abscence to the hd package. I ordered online using the ordering system. There was one page that promised a $49.99 credit on installation if you sign up for 18 months. $50 being $50 I signed up. When I got the bill, no credit. After the 3rd call and twice being promised the credit I was told I wouldn't get it as I was a former customer, even tho it didn't say that on the ordering page. They said I would've seen that if I went to the promotions page. What a joke. I went round and round demanding either the $50 or release from my commitmant because I only commited due to the credit. Finally got to executive appeals and they gave me the credit, but ONLY because 2 csr's had promised the credit before they realized I was a former customer. I rememeber now why I left in the first place. Unfortunately, their programing is what I like. Much cheaper than cable, and the right lineup in the package I want compared D*. If you have the same address and Phone # you had before, the computer kicks in and says your former, not new.

One other thing, the $10 a month deal if you sign up for silver and above. It was $100 in May and was just increased to $200 I beleive. This IS NOT automatic. You have to fill out a rebate form and mail it in with your bill. The credit will start in 8-10 weeks. I didn't find this out either until I complained. No where in the ordering process does it say that. I guess were just supposed to know these things.
Getting installed on Monday. I signed up over the phone after a 3 year absence. They ran my ss# through their "system" and said that I did qualify as a new customer. We'll see if I get the credit though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)