returning to Dish

briansanders007

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 24, 2003
The lack of HD content on Directv and the fact that I hate tivo dvr's I'm thinking of going back to Dish. (i'm probally the only one that hates tivo boxes but the guide really pisses me off. It just seems cheap. The blue\white colors are hard to read in my old age.) I have a couple questions since I haven't been in the Dish know for a while. If I return can I get any deals. I want a hd dvr for two rooms and two standard rooms (standard dvr would be nice). Can I return it's been more than a year or should I sign up with my wife's name? Do they still install superdishes? I live in the Lincoln-Hastings DMA. I had such bad luck with the location the last one was installed that I quit dish but I'm thinking if they reinstall in a new location I should be fine. I think there were diplexors involved in the last install which caused some issues. I like to install myself but I don't think that's an option. I just hate having a wierdo installer in my house for 8 hours because he can't figure out my wiring since I pulled about three coax to each room from a media closet. It looks scarey for some of the less skiled installers. I end up doing the install myself and they watch. ;)

Some of these installers out in the field are really scary :( , but the big super dish is being change out for the Dish 500+ and Dish 1000+ which will give you three or four Sat's, Most of the new HD channels are on the 129 Sat in Mpeg 4 format. I have a Dish 1000 :) which gives me 110, 119 and 129. The Sat that is slowly coming on line is 118.7 sat. Most of the Locals have moved to 110 Sat. As far as getting a Deal from Dish, you can call and see what they have to offer or check out DishNetwork.com. A lot depends on how long since you left Dish.

Yeah well welcome back you will enjoy the HD that Dish has it rocks. Good Luck on your install let us know how it goes. :)

You can go back but they may consider you a returning customer, I would suggest using your wifes name and a different phone number like a cell or work number to set up the account, you can always change it after the install. This way you will qualify for the new customer promotions.

what could I get as a new customer vs. a returning customer? I don't have any of my dish equipment left. Would I have to buy them all if I was returning? I will call a csr just wanted to see what you guys have to say since csr's don't always know. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)