reversed circular lnbf question...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lumpkin666

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 21, 2007
USA
I'm SERIOUSLY considering obtaining a T-90 in order to replace the multiple dishes that I have/had installed around the backyard. I only need 1 circular lnbf right now for the free nasa feed.

My question is, do I really need a reverse circular lnbf since I'm going to feed this one free/unencrypted circular feed to a FTA box? I know if I was doing a subscription setup, I'd need the reverse circulars for the subscription boxes since you cannot modify the settings on the sub boxes (okay you probably can, but that's another story). But since I can just tell the fta box to look at right as left and left as right, can't I just use a regular circular lnb to get the nasa channel?

I don't really know the answer to that, cause I know I have gotten Circular channels in the past, with a Linear LNB. I suppose it's determined by the TP frequency the channel is on? Maybe NASA falls in that category?
Someone on here explained how to convert a Circular lnbf to become a Reversed Circular lnbf. And they had pictures of it and to support it. Can't remember who it was? Maybe I'll remember later, or someone else remembers?

Since you are using only FTA recievers you could just use the normal circular lnb that you are currently using. The only thing to do would be to edit the polarity in the FTA recievers. Since it's a R now(V according to IRD) edit the polarity to H for L and it will still work.

Can you even get a T90 without reversed lnb(s) being included? Every time I looked at them most retailers included at least one.

Can you even get a T90 without reversed lnb(s) being included? Every time I looked at them most retailers included at least one.
True, I was going to email a seller and see if they'd substitute linears since I'll need more of them anyhow. I may be stuck with buying one with a reverse circular, but hopefully not.

satphreak
when I got mine, it didnt come with any LNB's

lumpkin...if you are using a FTA box for NASA and the free channels on 119, you dont need a reverse polarity LNB. Just use a normal one and flip the polarity. So if NASA is V (which I think it is) then set the polarity to H in the receiver

The book of Knowledge = Iceberg

satphreak
when I got mine, it didnt come with any LNB's

lumpkin...if you are using a FTA box for NASA and the free channels on 119, you dont need a reverse polarity LNB. Just use a normal one and flip the polarity. So if NASA is V (which I think it is) then set the polarity to H in the receiver

How cool is that!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts