Review of DIRECTV wireless GENIE client and Wireless Video Bridge

Status
Please reply by conversation.
We're working hard to get a firm date and pricing on when the C41 Wireless and Video Bridge will be available to you.

I would love to replace both of our C31s with this!

If you already have the coax ran to these locations, what advantage would you gain by swapping to the wireless models? I know that you could move them if you wanted, but I really dont see much else if you are already wired.

If you already have the coax ran to these locations, what advantage would you gain by swapping to the wireless models? I know that you could move them if you wanted, but I really dont see much else if you are already wired.

Exactly as you stated. We could possibly rearrange the den/playroom/computer room we have a TV in now but can't move the TV due to the coax location.

Same with our bedroom.

I wouldnt mind having one for the outdoor tv during football season. Ive got a 30 foot hdmi that does the job now, but it would be much more convenient and do away with a potential trip point.

Here's to hoping this is available soon, since I let them talk me into keeping 1 of my old D12's when I got all my new equipment last year. Now I want to move the tv from that bedroom and am not looking forward to having to run new wiring and buying another H25. It would be nicer if it would work on 5.8 Ghz wireless A, rather than the already over crowded 2.4Ghz wireless N though. I would happily give up the little range loss to not have yet another device fighting for the 2.4g band in my house.

For a new install maybe, since you could use a swm lnb and use only one cable from the dish. Once it's all set up, the only advantage I see it portability if you want it.

Any reason why I should replace my two Hr24
With New clients?
Current setup is one Hr44 and two Hr24.
All work pretty well together.

i don't know that i would want to substitute 2 hd dvrs for wireless clients. i think your setup is better when you consider the 4 additional tuners and storage.

My 2 cents..
I'd like to have the wireless bridge and one C41W. Usually, it would be off, but would be nice for portability (If I wanted to take a TV outside), or if my wife decided to rearrange and I needed a TV away from a convenient Coax cable.
I wouldn't want to use up the tuners on the Genie, but having that extra "wiggle room" when or if I needed it would be nice.
(and yeah, I know it's really spelled "wriggle").. LOL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)