Review on the JVC Sirius PnP

You can take the JVC with you. The only concern I will have is for the car kit itself, but that's pretty useless without the PNP.

Good luck with the windshield mounting. Let me know how that goes.

I'm leaning towards a Panavise mount myself.

Thanks for sharing the excitement. DFergie, your photos look great! It is nice to hear that the antenna is working on your dash. As for the PnP ... have you noticed if it gets really hot?? I have read a few posts elsewhere stating it sometimes gets so hot you can't read the screen. As for the excitement, hopefully I can join in tomorrow.

I hope to also be able to join in the excitement tomorrow as well. As promised as soon as I get the PNP installed I will be taking pics of my setup. I will also bring the home kit to work to test and see if it will work from my desk. :D

Used on way to work yesterday afternoon, heading east so sun was glaring on the red screen (mounted on windshield) btw the mount held :) hard to read so I pulled from windshield and put in seat for easy accessability. Surfed channels while I could not see what was what then settled on comedy and stayed. Myself and carpool buddy laughed our tails off all the way out to work, then all the way in this a.m. The comedy channel rocks :D a lot of old stuff...but cool.

I like Bill Engvall, Jeff Foxworthy, Larry the Cable Guy, and Ron White the best! Rodney Carrington rates up there on the funny chart as well. I guess I can relate to all of them being from the South. :D

Different contrast to the Yankee territory I live in now. Well, I can't say total Yankee territory. Kentucky is considered the South and Indiana in the North. People here think us Texans live on ranches and shoot everyone that pisses us off. :D

FedEx has promised today. Can't wait to get it! I'm going to try to use the home kit at work. As much as I like the streaming channels I want to hear the talk stations at work too, including the comedy channel. :D

Okay, got my radio and got it installed in the car!! I have two pictures of it installed in my 2003 Corolla.

The sound quality is awesome!! Even though 88.7 (my only free FM freq) had a little static with a station wanting to come in this thing overpowers it.

The sound is excellent on the music channels and the talk channels are better than AM but don't sound FM quality. Eventually I will get an aux adapter and hook this in directly.

Already have 5 presets set. The suction cup surprisedly stays put!

Attachments

• IMG_0034.jpg
    IMG_0034.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_0033.jpg
    IMG_0033.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 206
Neutron said:
I like Bill Engvall, Jeff Foxworthy, Larry the Cable Guy, and Ron White the best! Rodney Carrington rates up there on the funny chart as well. I guess I can relate to all of them being from the South. :D

Different contrast to the Yankee territory I live in now. Well, I can't say total Yankee territory. Kentucky is considered the South and Indiana in the North. People here think us Texans live on ranches and shoot everyone that pisses us off. :D

FedEx has promised today. Can't wait to get it! I'm going to try to use the home kit at work. As much as I like the streaming channels I want to hear the talk stations at work too, including the comedy channel. :D
Sounds like youve seen the Redneck Comedy Tour also :D , I'm waiting for a Bill Engval dvd to show up now as I have seen the above mentioned ones that are out :) How did you mount the antenna? are you letting the magnet hold or the adhesive?, mine slipped off the dash and went into the floorboard this morning...still did not lose signal.

I didn't use the adhesive since I don't like tape on my paint. The magnet is pretty strong and pulls the signal quite well.

Does your sat signal bounce around? I'm assuming you're not near any terrestrial repeaters. Both of mine were bouncing around on my drive to work. I didnt lose the signal at all, but I did have some static.

The Blue Collar Comedy Tour DVD is out. My wife and I are big Engvall fans since he's also from Texas. He's funny as hell. We have all his CDs.

I've said "I tell you what" and had people up here ask me what. hehehe.

I love southern comedy. To me they are speaking the truth about life.

Yeah, I have Blue Collar, saw part of the cut version on Comedy channel and went and got it. I really have not been watching my signal too closely, but seems like it always has about 3 bars. Have not noticed any static but where I live unless you go down some side streets in town... there are no big trees :) btw Scott must be installing his :)

Unit seems to work great. It is a little chunkier than I thought it would be. Also I don't care much for the display. Looks like it would be good at night or in low light areas but in direct sunlight I don't think it will be very visible. But then again this is radio you're not supposed to "watch" it. :)

RedHat39 said:
Unit seems to work great. It is a little chunkier than I thought it would be. Also I don't care much for the display. Looks like it would be good at night or in low light areas but in direct sunlight I don't think it will be very visible. But then again this is radio you're not supposed to "watch" it. :)
Yup, I expanded the display yesterday and still couldn't make it out. And as said somewhere on the net I noticed the unit does get warm.

Yeah, I noticed the glare too, but then again I was listening more anyway. :)

It gets very hot.. if it's in direct sunlight, it might overheat and shutdown in hot weather. Had mine do that once on July 4th. 20 Minutes in the glove box and it was good to go.

I need to figure out some way to mount line. At the moment it is stuck to the window below my rear view mirror. It creates a huge spot where I can't see.

I will figure something out. :)

Scott, check out the mounts at Panavise. Circuit city has a universal dash mount for $20 from Metra. It's like the Panavise and would attach to the inside of your dash.

Mine isn't too bad but eventually I will move mine too.

I'll check out Panavise.. I was looking at an in-dash radio as a better option, but the price tag has slowed my progress

The windsheild is too far away for me to see very good(at least at the time's I have been coming from and going to work, head east in the evening...west in the morning) so I have been laying it in my seat, and manually changing channels if needed... still hooked on channel 146 :D edit, actually 147 :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)