Reviews and Suggestion.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

igator99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
Desperate times calls for desperate measure. I have a few vaction days coming up and I was thing about buying this product. http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.asp?PROD=SACGAINDELUXE

I was think of doing a pole mount where one of the techs said it would be a good spot. How long of a pole do you think I'll have to buy? I would think that I should be able to do it with a much shorter pole. I plan to put it in between those two trees on the other side of the driveway. If you look at my DirecTV installer Grrrr thread you will see the pictures. What do I use to protect the buried cable?
And lastly have any of you guys used this channel master dish and how did it preform? You guys have all been great with your suggestions and support and I really appreciated it. :up

For protecting the coax from the dish to the house, I would use PVC pipe as a conduit and put it in a trench a foot deep. I would think that would protect the coax. I'll leave the rest of your questions to others that have more knowledge on what you are looking to accomplish. Good luck BTW!

My question for you is this... why buy all that when you call Direct TV to set up an account and system it is provided for you for FREE? Are you running 5 or more lines (coax) into your house? If you are not then you do not need the 4x8 multi-switch...

It never fails to astound me how people buy stuff that is provided free from Direct TV...

Rocko Willis said:
My question for you is this... why buy all that when you call Direct TV to set up an account and system it is provided for you for FREE? Are you running 5 or more lines (coax) into your house? If you are not then you do not need the 4x8 multi-switch...

It never fails to astound me how people buy stuff that is provided free from Direct TV...

Rocko read my thread DirecTV installer 2 GRrrrr....:)

For underground cable, I never use conduit, unless it is for a building inspection.

RG6 quad shielded cable, buried in the ground down about 6 inches works for me.

Never had a failure, or a cable come up or anything. And I've got some I buried that way 8 years ago!!!

The only one I did in conduit had a leak in the conduit somewhere and the pvc was full of water, so no PVC for me!

As long as it is down a bit and you do not try to put a connector in the dirt, it will be fine.

philhu said:
For underground cable, I never use conduit, unless it is for a building inspection.

RG6 quad shielded cable, buried in the ground down about 6 inches works for me.

Never had a failure, or a cable come up or anything. And I've got some I buried that way 8 years ago!!!

The only one I did in conduit had a leak in the conduit somewhere and the pvc was full of water, so no PVC for me!

As long as it is down a bit and you do not try to put a connector in the dirt, it will be fine.

Thanks that what I was thinking. It seems the pvc would soak the cable.

Reviews and Suggestion

igator99 said:
Thanks that what I was thinking. It seems the pvc would soak the cable.

If the PVC is glued watertight and you put a u-shaped rain loop in the PVC it will not soak the cable.

igator99 said:
Desperate times calls for desperate measure. I have a few vaction days coming up and I was thing about buying this product. http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.asp?PROD=SACGAINDELUXE

I was think of doing a pole mount where one of the techs said it would be a good spot. How long of a pole do you think I'll have to buy? I would think that I should be able to do it with a much shorter pole. I plan to put it in between those two trees on the other side of the driveway. If you look at my DirecTV installer Grrrr thread you will see the pictures. What do I use to protect the buried cable?
And lastly have any of you guys used this channel master dish and how did it preform? You guys have all been great with your suggestions and support and I really appreciated it. :up

If you are going to go threw all that trouble why not install the AT9, There are more than enough people here that can talk you through it. Hell Charper talked somebody threw it last week.
Btw it you trim the little tree you can back your dish up some more.

I agree with running conduit. I would also add a drag line along with the cable. You never know what the future will bring. Should you ever have to run another line, it would make your life a whole lot easier.

grydlok said:
If you are going to go threw all that trouble why not install the AT9, There are more than enough people here that can talk you through it. Hell Charper talked somebody threw it last week.
Btw it you trim the little tree you can back your dish up some more.

That is what is great about this board. There are so many nice people willing to help.
I've trimmed that tree back about as much as I can with an 8 foot ladder and a long proning tool. My wife has a contact with D* and I'm going to try one more time. How much should I offer a guy to do a long pole mount and bury cables? I'm not a rich guy if I was I would pay my HOA fines and have those trees cut down. What would be fair?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)