Reviews for DVD HDD Recorders

Thanks Iceberg

Thanks for your help man. You're awesome. A few other questions.

Am I able to watch a show independently of what my HDD is recording?

Will all of the HDD recorders be able to access the E* programming lineup?

Can my HDD automatically tune to a different channel to record another show or do I need to manually switch it? (Ex. 7pm - Record channel 10; 8:30pm - Record channel 17; etc...)

The stand alone DVD recorders/Hard drives are just like VCR's (but records digitally) so hopefully that clears up some info

mceagle555 said:
Am I able to watch a show independently of what my HDD is recording?
whatever you are recording you have to watch.

Will all of the HDD recorders be able to access the E* programming lineup?
you would control the chanenls via the DIsh box so whatever channel you are on you could record

Can my HDD automatically tune to a different channel to record another show or do I need to manually switch it? (Ex. 7pm - Record channel 10; 8:30pm - Record channel 17; etc...)
you'd have to set up timers on both the Dish box and the HDD.

Like I say, all stand alone hard drive units like this are just like the old VCR's but records digitally. If you want to be able to watch a Dish program and record another, get the DVR through Dish. That would be the easiest way to do a few of the things you would like to do :)

Iceberg,

Say you only had OTA like me.. Would it be possible to split, with a splitter, your coaxial cable then one cable into the TV and one cable into the Accurian.. Then use one of the other types of outputs to the TV.. I've thought about trying this with my VCR to watch one show and record another show..

sure you can do that. I dont know if the Accuran has a coax tv/vcr type button or if its always on. VCR's have a TV/VCR button so you can hook up one cable ot the VCR and then ouot to the TV. Press the button and the signal passes through to the TV so you could record one channel and watch another. I have a feeling the Accuran you would need 2 inputs on the TV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)