Reviving old system

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cband1985

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 25, 2005
Tn
Since I have no takers for my old c-band system I have decided to fire it up. What parts do I need to be able to get digital and analog. No ku on this dish, holes are too big. Wouldn't mind eliminating the servo motor if it doesn't require costly changes. Servo motors always were a nuisance. Can I just add something like the B1SATSCALER Eagle Aspen Stacked LNBF? Probably use the GI450 to control the motor. Are there many anolog feeds anymore or have they moved to digital? Football season you know.:) Are digital signals as precise to locate as ku? Analog was pretty forgiving compared to ku. Thanks for comments.

what is up there now ? if its a polorotor type i would suspect that what you have will work for digital ... if you want to replace it several lnbf would probably fit the scaler you already have up there. ( 3 out of 4 that i have will slide right into a chap type scaler)

the b1sat was on sale for $19 but isn't now :( but if your looking for analog i don't know if a stacked lnbf will work.

the asc421 is a good basic lnbf but it is smaller and will not fit the chap scaler ( would have to use the cheap scaler provided.

i like the bsc621 as it does c & ku although sometimes the ku is marginal :( hoping to get it tuned up on my 10 ft and get some signal number improvement.

if you don't have a ku only dish i wouldn't write off ku on this dish .... its different than a mesh its the thicker pref type dish and like linuxmans probably preforms better than you would think.

i know several people like the corotor type feedhorns ( i didn't at the time cause i wanted the dvb receiver to control the polarity.)

the b1sat was on sale for $19 but isn't now :( but if your looking for analog i don't know if a stacked lnbf will work.
vertical yes, horizontal no....same with 4DTV. The stacked LNB has 2 LNB LO's. 5150 for V and 5750 for H. a DVB box can figure out the H freqencies but not the 4DTV or analog
also fits way snug in scaler rings...like it squeaks a little but when tuning because its snug...I WD-40'd the scaler ring so it slides in it when tuning.

the asc421 is a good basic lnbf but it is smaller and will not fit the chap scaler ( would have to use the cheap scaler provided.
true that.

i like the bsc621 as it does c & ku although sometimes the ku is marginal :( hoping to get it tuned up on my 10 ft and get some signal number improvement.
fits very snug in the scaler ring and easy tunable. But I'd use it for C-Band only

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)