Rewind not working??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Christopherve7alb

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Victoria BC
Hello all,

I recently upgraded the firmware if my AzBox elite HD to version 0.9.5308 from this site: AZBox Snapshots only to discover that when I press the rewind button on my remote (while watching a TV show stored on my media server over my LAN) I get a message saying "Error: not supported." The skip forwards and back buttons work and the fast forward button is alright but no joy when I try and rewind. Is this normal behavior or is there a fix?

Thanks in advance.

Hello all,

I recently upgraded the firmware if my AzBox elite HD to version 0.9.5308 from this site: AZBox Snapshots only to discover that when I press the rewind button on my remote (while watching a TV show stored on my media server over my LAN) I get a message saying "Error: not supported." The skip forwards and back buttons work and the fast forward button is alright but no joy when I try and rewind. Is this normal behavior or is there a fix?

Chris,

Yes, this is normal operation at this time. No fix for it yet, but it may depend upon what media source (HDD / USB / LAN media center) that you are retrieving the program from. Certain programs stored on my HDD (with pre-determined) chapter marks sometimes work, but for some reason those chapter marks are sometimes eliminated during the transfer from the PC to the AZBox HDD. Some short programs seem to retain them, but not always. Sorry that my answer is not very defined or definitive, but I have not really studied it in much detail. I am at the position where I just notice that it does exactly what you describe.

RADAR

Thanks for the reply Radar, I'm thinking of falling back to an older version of the firmware. I find I'm needing to frequently reboot due to lockups and errors in video playback since the upgrade.

I was testing this out this morning and with 0.9.5306 on one of my Az receivers it also appears with the same message when viewing a movie on the internal hd when you press the rewind key. "Error not supported.
Took the receiver to 0.9.5020 and the message was the same , however, I did not format the application area when downgrading so I do not know if this would help to alleviate the problem or not. Since I have not used the rewind function on that receiver to my knowledge before I do not know if this is a problem that has occurred recently or if it has been ongoing for some time now.
If you downgrade to a specific firmware that does not have the problem please post it here.
I'd be curious to know now also.

I likely won't get to play around with the AzBox until the weekend what with the Over-The-Air digital transition happening over the next two days up here in Canada, but I will post my results when I get a chance.

Chris,

You can use the other "back-up" button next to the rewind for what it is worth. It backs the movie up a short distance (kinda like backing up x number of frames).

It is not really all that handy, but if you just missed a few words or something, it will get you by.

RADAR

Don't quote me on this but I thought it may have worked on firmware 0.9.4890.
you can find it here: Index of /fw/
but then you may lose some other benefits from the later firmware updates which IMO far outweigh the rewind working properly.

Thanks Stargaze, unfortunately the receiver doesn't seem to want to let me downgrade past 0.9.5300, I've tried firmware 0.9.4923 and 0.9.4890 and both time I get a "fail to upgrade" message. This is after I've rebooted the receiver BTW.

Radar, thanks for the suggestion, I did know about the skip back/forward function but as you say not the best, especially when trying to rewind to find the end of a commercial break.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)