Rewiring for Upgrade to DiSEqC for two HDTV Receivers

red hazard

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 13, 2003
St Louis Metro East (Illinois)
Currently have DISH 500 and DISH 300 with 5000 HDTV and 7100. Will acquire second HDTV monitor in about 3 months. In process of rewiring with Belden 1694A RG6, Stirling compression connectors, and changing/ adding all barrel connectors/ground blocks to 3Ghz rating in anticipation of SuperDish (or DirecTV equiv). Two bedrooms will be wired for possible non-HDTV application(s). Have hubbing point in utility room of walkout basement. Am aware of "pro" installation requirement but they can just "certify" mine as I am installing wall plates and essentially hiding the RG6 inside and outside. Should I run one or two new cables to dish location from hubbing point? Secondly, I have read there will be two SuperDish configurations. How will both HDTV and International Korean channels be accommodated which I understand requires both 105 and 121? Lastly, what should my strategy be in acquiring two new Dishnetwork HDTV receivers at best possible price within next few months. Thanks!

rewiring 4 Diseqc2.0 and 2 HDTV units

When I looked at your post I've found your inquiry asks for ALOT, and is quite costly. But im sure DishNet will offer some assistance in the form of contracting. Also, since Dishnet will be expanding HD services on the 105 orbital, only more reason for them to offer assistance to suppress the burden of all the new hardware.

>Should I run one or two new cables to dish location from hubbing point?Secondly, I have read there will be two SuperDish configurations. How will both HDTV and International Korean channels be accommodated which I understand requires both 105 and 121?

If you are planning 105 and 121 reception, you will be anticipating the release of the DP +44 switch. It will accept signals from 2 SuperDishes via 4 coaxes between dish location and hubbing point. The coaxes will be labeled accordingly; DP119(dbs), DP110(dbs), DP105(fss), DP121(fss). The DP+44 switch will be located inside the hubbing point and thus have as many as 4 tuner outs.

>Lastly, what should my strategy be in acquiring two new Dishnetwork HDTV receivers at best possible price within next few months.

Well obivously, 2 Superdish and new HDTV units. One Superdish for 105/110&119, the other for 110&119/121. Note that the "/" is where the outerhousing contains TWO feedhorns, the "&" is the sidecar. You'll know what im talking about when you see a superdish up close.

Well, answering your question brings me to a question of MY own, Hopefully someone else could shed some feedback. Will a 4 orbital setup REQUIRE 2 Superdishes? Its seems to be a waste to have 2 DP heads not being utilized, this being the 110DP and 119DP of the second collector. Could a dishpro head (fss in type) be placed on a separate 30" collector instead?

You will need two Super Dishes, and a Dish Pro Plus 44 switch with 4 cables coming from the two dishes. The FSS feeds are located at the center focal point of the Super Dish so you need 1 configured for 105 and 1 for 121. The Dish Pro Plus is not expected to be available until late first quarter 2004.

Thanks for the informative and helpful replies. I'm removing some ceiling tiles and need to get it right on the coax runs the first time. Rather than being concerned about the 121, I'll just continue to use 61.5 for the international channel (it's viewed on 1 SD TV only) and let DishNetwork propose a (hopefully gratis) solution down the road when they realign the programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)