RF Antenna?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

chisox_23

Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
I recently purchased the LG LS3200a hd directv receiver.
but it did not come with a rf antenna.
anyone know where i can find one. i tried ebay and no luck.
thanks
sam

I'm not familar w/that model, but are you referring to an RF antenna to watch your local TV stations?

If so, then any antenna (outdoor is best) would work. Antennas labeled for "HDTV" are marketing hype.

Hope this helps & welcome to the forums. j c

No, this rf antenna is for the remote control.
this unit can switch from using traditional IR to RF so it can be used anywhere in the house(i.e. bose remote control).

thanks

sam

it looks like this.

Attachments

• antenna_sony_sat-hd300.jpg
    antenna_sony_sat-hd300.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 239
chisox_23 said:
it looks like this.
Dont waist your time RF ANTENNA input in the back of your receiver is not enabled . Hopefelly it will be with new software download in the future . And also they will have to release new UHF remote similar to what Dish Network has...Ihope that helps.......

I had an H10 that didn't have one in the box so I crimped an end on a 12" piece of RG6 and stripped the insulation off of about 8". It worked great.

superyurik said:
Dont waist your time RF ANTENNA input in the back of your receiver is not enabled . Hopefelly it will be with new software download in the future . And also they will have to release new UHF remote similar to what Dish Network has...Ihope that helps.......

The bold statement above is not true. I have the same box and the RF works just fine.

Todd Wiedemann said:
The bold statement above is not true. I have the same box and the RF works just fine.
Yes , my statement above applies to new Directv DVR R-15 Thanks for all replies

The Tate said:
what I mean is the rf port works but you will need a uhf remote to use it.
Do you know the model number for UHF remote , that will work with R-15 dvr ? Thanks.......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)