RF out to 2nd tv?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
I had my 722k hooked up to a second tv with a RG6 cable and got a perfect SD picture on the 2nd tv. When I switched to the HWS there is no RG6 out on the HWS. The tech hooked up a RF modulator to the HWS and connected my RG6 cable to it. The picture is very bad on the 2nd tv.Lots of static lines. I switched to a new RF modulator, but the picture is exactly the same. What can I try now? I do not want a joey, since I only watch the same program on the 2nd tv, plus I can't afford the $7.

I haven't done this but I believe that you need to get a good high quality RF converter. A friend of mines has one that converts the RCA(yellow,red,white) ports of his receiver to coax. If you are getting a blurry picture it maybe bad cabling, cable is too long or the rf converter is bad.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

If possible, try new cable and connectors. The modulator should work.

Make sure the modulator is set to a channel that is not used as "transmit" channel for a TV station in your area. You can obtain this information from "rabbitears.info". I have four UHF modulators combined with an OTA antenna feeding a distribution system that feeds the whole house and it works great. Be aware that the TV channels above 51 are now used for other services such as cell phone, two-way radio, etc. I have had to change the channel on one of my modulators twice because of interference.

Yeah, the rf modulator is a channel 3-4 type. I set it to ch 4, since there is a channel 3 in this area. After further analysis, my wiring in the walls is rg59 from many years ago. I ran a direct line from the modulator to the 2nd tv and used rg6 and got a great picture. So, I am in the process of pulling new rg6 cable thru the walls. Wow, what pain the in the A**. But why did it work so great with the 722k and now will not work with the HWS?

Yeah, the rf modulator is a channel 3-4 type. I set it to ch 4, since there is a channel 3 in this area. After further analysis, my wiring in the walls is rg59 from many years ago. I ran a direct line from the modulator to the 2nd tv and used rg6 and got a great picture. So, I am in the process of pulling new rg6 cable thru the walls. Wow, what pain the in the A**. But why did it work so great with the 722k and now will not work with the HWS?
The 722 uses UHF channels instead of 3/4 so you were not receiving interference from another channel. Your RG-59 probably had a bad fitting on it if the RG6 is working. I believe you were getting "INGRESS INTEFERENCE" channel 3 will interfere with ch4 if the cable shield doesn't block the signal from getting into the coax.

The HWS requires for its sta inputs RG6, oviously the output is something different but it wouldn't hurt to try with RG6 to be on the safe side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)