RFD-TV Moving, need new dish?

BillH

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 16, 2003
Last night while watching the Bill Gaither show, a message ran accross the screen that said that RFD-TV was moving to a new satellite. To go to channel 9900 and "if you could see the content, then you would not need a new dish".

When I went to 9900, I saw a message that said "congratulations, you have dish 500" . It had sky background and played music in the background.

Was this content or not?

Thanks.

By the way, I have a Model 721 and a super dish with local channels.

yes that was it

almost everyone has a dish that sees 110 (the satellite it's moving to) so it's really a moot point

Yeah. There are some people with only a dish 300 pointed at 119° and no ability to pick up 110°. However since shortly after Dish aquired 110° in 1999 in a law suit settlement against NewsCorp Dish has been packageing all their systems with Dish 500 antennas which can get both 110 and 119 simultaneously. So for most subscribers this is a non-issue. The subscribers mostly affected by this are in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the USVI since Dish 500s do not work in those areas and much larger individual dishes are generally required.

See ya
Tony

Glad to see I'm not the only one that would be crushed if I were to lose this station. Classic Tractors, the Polka Joe Show, and the show that just has steam trains running their routes are definately must see tv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)