RFD-TV on AMC1 103 degrees

Status
Please reply by conversation.

vc2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 3, 2008
Their signal on AMC1 3915 H tp 11 was gone yesterday when I came home from work. Their web site is also down as of this writing.

Anybody know what happened?

Hi, it was working for me this morning about 8:00 AM. Can you still get some of the other H TPs like ION? Later, DC

Hi, it was working for me this morning about 8:00 AM. Can you still get some of the other H TPs like ION? Later, DC
I checked it around 7:45AM this morning. RFD was gone, but ION was coming in fine.

I am shooting through some trees on this satellite and sometimes have outages due to heavy rain, but ION is the channel that drops out first. RFD has always been stronger than ION. I'm wondering if they've dropped their power, or maybe the east coast heat wave is affecting reception. I'm located in upstate NY.

Working Here, but appears that their power is down, I have lower Q than normal.
Fluctuating between 30 and 40, Think it was normally high 60's. (pansat 9600)
Their HD on G23 seems normal, Q of lower 70's

Last edited:
Hi, looks like I spoke too soon. When I checked RFD-TV this morning the signal is way down in the mud. I still had a lock but the signal quality was only about 15 to 20 percent on my Pansat 3500. I normally have around 50 to 60 percent. So it looks like something is going on.

Later, DC

I've been in contact with RFD-TV support regarding the lower output and this was their response:

I am aware and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Americom has performed a power audit and therefore we had to drop our
levels down to the required maximum power that they allow us.

We have asked the systems that have experienced issues pulling the feed
to peak their dishes.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

wow, I'm surprised they didn't move or consolidate their feeds. They can _only_ be found in about 4-5 places in SD or HD forms! :D

They should just do their one HD feed and let the sat receivers downconvert it to SD if a cable plant needed that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts