RFDTV HD CH 231

Bob55

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 1, 2012
Ohio
Isn't this supposed to be included free in the AT 200 packages and up? I have the SD version, but the HD isn't even in my guide. My programming is AT 250, without the HD option.

I have a few Hd channels, Big 10, Axs, Veria, Spman, Block, Hdnmv.

I do not see anywhere in my online account where I can add the HD free for life with the $99 fee.

I'm pretty sure you need to speak with a CSR about adding it and you must agree to autopay and paperless billing I believe it also requires a 2 year agreement. Once they get that squared away in the system, then you add it at mydish.com. (an option will appear after they add it in the system)

I do not see anywhere in my online account where I can add the HD free for life with the $99 fee.

Big 10 is probably an RSN for you.
AXS was on when IFC was pulled. I believe the site has its logo in the BB@Home channels.
Veria is on free preview.
Sportsman Channel is in free preview and also part of the $3/month Outdoor Pack.
Blockbuster on 102 is most likely for all subscribers.
HDNet Movies was a replacement when AMC was pulled. However, last time I checked the site, Dish had it under AT200.

Dish discontinued the buy in back in January. You may be able to have it added if you were a subscriber before it was removed. I'd use the online chat or PM a DIRT member here to check for you.

Dish no longer offers the $99 option to get HD for free as mentioned. I'm still not certain why you thought a channel like RFD would be in HD if you don't pay for HD or obtain it under the Dish conditions.

Dish no longer offers the $99 option to get HD for free as mentioned. I'm still not certain why you thought a channel like RFD would be in HD if you don't pay for HD or obtain it under the Dish conditions.

Englewood, Colo. – March 28, 2011 – DISH Network L.L.C. today announced that RFD-TV's high-definition channel, RFD HD, is now available at no additional cost to all DISH Network customers who subscribe to the America’s Top 200 programming package or above.

http://www.rfdtv.com/corporate/press_releases/dish_network_first_to_air_rfd-hd_nationwide/

Dude, you have to be kidding. That's not an agreement of services, it's marketing, using general terms. Companies say plenty of things that often are true, but within context. That is true, in the context of, you actually subscribe to get HD.

And you conveniently left out this part;
"Customers who currently receive RFD-TV a la carte will automatically receive the RFD HD channel. To learn more about DISH Network’s HD channel lineup, including eligibility requirements for the HD Free for Life offer, visit www.dish.com." Did you think I wouldn't read the whole thing? :)

And to head you off at the pass - what they said is true even in your terms - it's free in HD if you want it to be.

Last edited:
Dude, you have to be kidding. That's not an agreement of services, it's marketing, using general terms. Companies say plenty of things that often are true, but within context. That is true, in the context of, you actually subscribe to get HD.

And you conveniently left out this part;
"Customers who currently receive RFD-TV a la carte will automatically receive the RFD HD channel. To learn more about DISH Network’s HD channel lineup, including eligibility requirements for the HD Free for Life offer, visit www.dish.com." Did you think I wouldn't read the whole thing? :)

And to head you off at the pass - what they said is true even in your terms - it's free in HD if you want it to be.

I should have said what RFD TV basically advertises ON AIR is "RFD HD, is now available at no additional cost to all DISH Network customers who subscribe to the America’s Top 200 programming package or above."

RFD TV says nothing on air about the rest.

The $5/month a la carte Heartland Package add-on has RFD (HD and SD) along with OWN (HD and SD), The Hub (SD and HD), Rural TV (currently SD only), Hallmark (SD and HD), Hallmark Movie Channel (SD and HD), gmc (currently SD only), Baby TV (currently SD only), Pixl (SD and HD), and GSN (SD and HD).

The $5/month a la carte Heartland Package add-on has RFD (HD and SD) along with OWN (HD and SD), The Hub (SD and HD), Rural TV (currently SD only), Hallmark (SD and HD), Hallmark Movie Channel (SD and HD), gmc (currently SD only), Baby TV (currently SD only), Pixl (SD and HD), and GSN (SD and HD).
Heartland will give you the sd channels, you need the HD option added to get the HD ones. The OP does not have HD for Life.

Yes I am sure. The only HD channels you would get without the HD package would be your local HD channels and any taht are in free preview.

OK, I thought people were adding Heartland, Epix packages etc.. to Welcome package and getting the HD versions, but I don't keep up with it anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts