RG 6 and satellite signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mannerofspeakin

Original poster
Apr 27, 2009
Tenn
Stupid question perhaps. I crimped (bent in half) my RG-6 satellite wiring while remodeling. THe satellite went out on that wire but not immediately but a few hours later. I have cut out the bent area and am just trying to get a satellite signal to the receiver to see if that was the problem. Do I need to put an end connector (f6) on in order to even get any signal or can I just get down to bare wire insert into connection ? Again not permanent just to check. I ask because I have done the bare wire and still get nothing. Don't want to waste my time getting connectors etc right away if it is obvious there is another issue. There are two eyes and two separate lines coming from dish into attic. Each wire supplies separate receivers. The other receiver on the other line is working no problem and the receiver from the line with no signal was switched to the good line and works no problem. anyone have any ideas what might be the problem ? Thanks.

You need a connector. Depending on who you have for a provider, it will probably be cheaper to have a tech come out than buy the tools/material....unless you already have the tools or feel the need to buy them.

yep just get a tech to go out. you have have to cut the old fitting and put new ones on and barrel the line, you need to use a high frequency barrel otherwise you'll get problems again in the future

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts