RG59 Cable and the 722. Dish says it will burn up!

If what you have happens to be Belden 1189A, then you're probably good to go.

Thanks for your reply. No such luck on the cable...what is installed is labeled:

Coleman Cable RG6/U 18 AWG Type CL2 75c (UL) E100316-I OR CATV 1000MHz Sweep Tested

Seems like I'd be best off with new cable to the receivers, and can use in-wall for backfeed with no issues.

If it's RG-6 you won't have any problems with it. As long as the cable does not have cracks in the covering or corrosion.

If you look at some old RG-6 vs. some of the cheap overseas made new stuff, the old stuff is better cable. Just look at how the new cable leaves room in the connector and the old stuff fills it right. The new stuff meets or exceeds the new requirements. They just did not test the old stuff that high when it was made.

Thanks for your reply. No such luck on the cable...what is installed is labeled:

Coleman Cable RG6/U 18 AWG Type CL2 75c (UL) E100316-I OR CATV 1000MHz Sweep Tested

Seems like I'd be best off with new cable to the receivers, and can use in-wall for backfeed with no issues.

It's RG6. Coleman is a decent cable manfacturer. Shouldn't be any problem.

I have a 10 year old house, it has RG59, I ran RG6 to DP44 switches outside, then RG59 for each tv comes inside. I have never had a problem with the 59, except in the bedroom thats farthest from the switches, about a 110 foot run. And even then the bedroom works great about 99 percent of the time.

About 5 years ago I installed 4 rcvrs in a house that had RG-59. It was an old house. I used a legacy quad and crawled up in their attic and cut the RG-59 close to it running down the wall - for a shorter RG-59 run. Yes, I used RG-6 from the dish to a point in the attic where I could remove as much RG-59 as possible. I've been back once to this house for a rcvr problem - not related to the cable and everything is still working...

With the new rcvrs and new LNB's we won't use the RG-59 at all...

In my experience, short runs (50 feet or less) of RG-59 will work. Not to say it's up to "standards" or such. As Desert Satellite already mentioned, if such a thing is going to be done, it's better and preferred that if 59 cable is in the equation that it's better to use Legacy LNBs/switches (lower frequency requirements)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)