RG6 cable underground in PVC conduit

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I got everything hooked up and it actually works. :) One more question. I put 2 ground clamps on my copper grounding rod. One for the antenna, and one for the coaxial cable. Is that OK ?

Thanks.

I put 2 ground clamps on my copper grounding rod. One for the antenna, and one for the coaxial cable. Is that OK ?
Yes, that is probably fine (mostly).
The point is to have only *one* grounding point for all equipment involved. If you have have ground at the antenna, and then another 100 feet awat at the house, you can have a difference in ground potential that can zap reception, if not destroy your electronics.
So if you ground with a single rod, and that sits close to the reciever, you should be fine.
Do note that you need to ground your electric installation as well (and you need to be a qualified electrician), or else you may create a potential difference to zap your electronics there too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts