ribbon cable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Though about using seven strand #18 sprinkler cable along with RG6, when I need to replace mine.

Anyone try it yet??????????????????????

I used 4 conductor thermostat wire 18 awg. I don't have a polorizer servo because I run lnbf's. two wires M1/M2, two more wires Sensor 1/Sensor 2.

I ran the thermostat cable along side of two RG-6 Quad coaxes. Works great!! That sprinkler wire should be fine. You can get other options at your local electric supply warehouse. Tell them you need outdoor seven conductor 16 awg cable. They can hook you up.

Twenty years, ago, ribbon cable for C-band installations was common. Since at that time, it was very expensive in the direct burial form, a lot of it was installed in pvc water pipe or black flexible polyethylene irrigation water pipe. It was before the days of grey PVC plastic conduit.

While most dealers used ribbon cable, I used separate coax and control wires. Ribbon cable was hard to pull in any pipe smaller than 1-1/2 inches. Using separate cables, I could use the much smaller one inch stuff and pull with ease.

Fore control wiring, I used the four conductor parallel color coded #16 or 14 cable sold at auto or trailer supply houses for wiring boat and utility trailers. It is availible in spools of up to 250 feet in four to six conductors.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts