Riddle me this.........

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
So here is a riddle for ya

If a company says they are adding a bunch of affiliates to their stations including in your market........but alot of the stations are not on the air

Do you get excited???

Here is what I mean. I see DTV America is adding a bunch of affiliations to stations (per the actual network site). Supposedly in Minneapolis we are to get Bounce, Escape and Laff on a DTV America station (KMBD-LD). Problem is the station has been off the air for a year now. When DTV America took over KJNK-LD (25) they shut down KMBD 43 (which at the time was HSN2,...DTV bought it from HSN).

So I guess whenever DTV decides to turn on the station.....then maybe I'll get excited ;)
But until then I'm not going to get my shorts in a bunch wondering about when we will get those stations.

Reactions: Tank
DTV America advertised they were starting a My Network affiliate in Lafayette, Indiana that never came to pass. Then they claimed it would be a Telemundo affiliate launching in Fall 2015, didn't happen. So I say, no. Also, they've got phantom affiliates of Grit and Laff in Fort Wayne and Terre Haute that aren't on air yet are nonetheless listed as affiliates.

DTV America advertised they were starting a My Network affiliate in Lafayette, Indiana that never came to pass. Then they claimed it would be a Telemundo affiliate launching in Fall 2015, didn't happen. So I say, no. Also, they've got phantom affiliates of Grit and Laff in Fort Wayne and Terre Haute that aren't on air yet are nonetheless listed as affiliates.
I know. It just gets some people riled up with "oh we're getting ________________ on this station"....then they realize its not on the air yet

Ice, now you and I remember a few FTA satellite ideas that never got off the ground too. I won't mention their names, actually I can't remember them now lol....Like anything we just keep our fingers crossed

I live near fort Wayne wish we had those subs.

But a station on the air and having "technical issues" is different than a station that hasnt been on the air in months now
Alot of these DTV America stations are as of right now "pipe dreams"....they have the CP (construction permit) for these stations or they **were** on the air but arent now.

Reactions: jegrant
Yep, The local stations don't tell you in advance "Depending on the TV markets" Albuquerque's TV is one of them they don't seem to care to tell the TV viewers knows what's going on.:coco For just adding new sub channels surly they should be promoting it for soon to be a new sub channels!:)

Iceberg, I was at the IDS building last week to check what is needed to get the transmitter up and running again and how much cable is needed to get from the fiber switch to the xmitter. It shouldn't be long now. Waiting to hear back then I'll be firing it up.

Iceberg, I was at the IDS building last week to check what is needed to get the transmitter up and running again and how much cable is needed to get from the fiber switch to the xmitter. It shouldn't be long now. Waiting to hear back then I'll be firing it up.
any update?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)