Right dish and peak signal?

in the $50.00 range no.. In the $100.00 range... A accutrac 22.. I used it for about 2 years when I started.. The got the supper buddy.. But even a used one of those is $400.00
acutrac | eBay

kpauley said:
Cool, any pointers on a meter I could buy that would work well with my setup? The dish says Dish Super on it.

FREE use the signal meter on your receiver and a cell phone to talk to someone inside on another phone or walkie-talkies if you have a pair. Good luck with it. Just remember to make very slight adjustments when you are doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

OK, I did some tweaking without a meter and I think I made some good improvements. First I remeasured my signals inside the house:
110 = 53, 61, 53, 61
119 = 49, 64, 62, 68
129 = 40, 37, 40, 40

I then took a tv and my dish receiver to the roof and re-measured to see if I had any huge signal loss with the cable run:
110 = 54, 61, 55, 62
119 = 50, 66, 62, 69
129 = 41, 39, 41, 41

Based on that test I feel pretty comfortable that my cable run to the TV is OK.

So I decided then to try and tweak things, and I almost got to a point where I lost everything, felt like I really didn't know what I was doing. I'd increase some signals, but make others worse. So, I decided to put things back to where it was in the beginning, or close to it and I got lucky I think. Here are the final readings at my TV
110 = 68, 68, 64, 70
119 = 64, 74, 76, 77
129 = 43, 45, 45, 50

I'm above averages on all of the signals though, so I'm thinking I just leave it alone. Now I just need to wait for the next rain and see if we lose signal as easy as we did previously.

Let me know if you have any suggestions (signal loss during rain is my main beef).

Ken

I picked up pretty good numbers on 110 & 119, not as much of an improvement on 129.

That looks pretty good.. 129 are just a little low.. But they always are.. You might just try and move the skew a tiny little bit and you might get them up just a little. But like you said.. I would just wait for the next rain.. If it does happen then try moving it a little.. Looks like you did a good job.. Has you probably noticed. You move the dish in very, very small increments.

So I decided then to try and tweak things, and I almost got to a point where I lost everything, felt like I really didn't know what I was doing. I'd increase some signals, but make others worse. So, I decided to put things back to where it was in the beginning, or close to it and I got lucky I think. Here are the final readings at my TV
110 = 68, 68, 64, 70
119 = 64, 74, 76, 77
129 = 43, 45, 45, 50

I'm above averages on all of the signals though, so I'm thinking I just leave it alone. Now I just need to wait for the next rain and see if we lose signal as easy as we did previously.

:eek:WOW! I would jump up and down if I had signals like that! (It has been tweeked to the best possible.)
Maybe it would not go out anytime it rains.

RT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts