right equipment?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JON_CT

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
I am having SBC install a E* system on the 24th (1-811, 1-522) replacing my single SD receiver D*system and wanted to make sure that they are installing the correct dish so that I do not have to have it done again in the near future - with the (hopeful) addition of more HD's, I'd rather them install what I'll need for tomorrow as well as today... I am guessing that they will want to swap dishes, rather than install the E* dish separately? Hopefully I'll be able to get onto the roof to intall my OTA (CM4228, CM7777, CM9521A) before they arrive so I can tie it all in together at once. Any advice?

Thanks - I am planning on running RG6 and rotor wire separately from the dish cable. I just want to make sure that what SBC comes out with is the correct hardware - I do not want to deal with 49% problem with the 811's OTA (don't know if after a certain serial number it has an updated chip?) or find that they need to come back to install a different dish later due to increased programming (I know I'm pushing it here...)

Because E* has not given us any solid info as to where new programming will go, nor have you stated what kind of programming you're interested in, there's no way to know what equipment will be needed.

Thanks SS

I have just run an OTA UHF separately (CM4228, CM7777, CM9521) and am awaiting the install from SBC / DISH. Have signed up for the 120 Value Pack with HBO, Cinemax and HD (thus the 811 and OTA). I will have a 522 installed to cover 2 more TV's in the house. I realize nobody knows what the future will bring, but I just wanted to try and get the latest equipment for now. Just trying to avoid them coming in with a bunch of cock-a-mamie old equipment and jimmie-rigging it all... for the future, all I'll want from them in programming is more HD (surprise, surprise)!

Thanks again

JON_CT said:
I just wanted to try and get the latest equipment for now. Just trying to avoid them coming in with a bunch of cock-a-mamie old equipment and jimmie-rigging it all... for the future, all I'll want from them in programming is more HD (surprise, surprise)!

Thanks again

all hd receivers for dish and direct will be obsolete when mpeg 4 is released. since you are leasing, you should have no problem upgrading when it comes time.

JON_CT said:
thanks - I won't worry about it then...
If you want HD DISH Notwerk is the wrong service for HD. Do some research on the programming available from Directv, VOOM and DISH. You will find DISH offers the least of the three in HDTV, and seems to have the most reception problems with OTA reception :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)