Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Looks like AT&T's Cruisecast Service is now officially done.

AT&T CruiseCast satellite service halts activations, will refund customers

I had a chance to check out and use Cruisecast last year at CES. The technology was very sound and worked well in my tests, however the finial programming lineup has a lot to do (in my opinion) with the services demie. Many of the channels were mobile version of popular channels. These Mobile channels at times were just loops and didn't show much of the popular programming on those channels.

I was thinking of getting the service until I was the lineup and the poor channel selection.

RIP Cruisecast

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the steep price tag and lack of advertising probably had alot to do with it. Aside from a couple of web blogs, I'd never have known that the service existed.

Whatever happened to Sirius Back Seat?

I was impressed with their technology, and they "promised" a good lineup, but the price was my suprise.

A system was around $2k installed, that's just too much, when you're adding a monthly fee on top of it.

Sirius Backseat TV is still going and still only 3 badly compressed kids chnnels.

I canceled it a few months ago, now have internet in the car and the kids can watch satellite from home via the Slingbox as we are driving and it looks much better then the Sirius Backseat TV ever did.

Will you now be able to buy the Raysat T5-A that AT&T used for their service and use it for Dish or Direct? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Raysat would not sell the T5-A in the US and was only offered through AT&T Cruisecast.

This would offer another way for SUV's (which I own) to get Direct TV instead of using an overpriced KVH system. Any thoughts?

I was impressed with their technology, and they "promised" a good lineup, but the price was my suprise.

A system was around $2k installed, that's just too much, when you're adding a monthly fee on top of it.

I was surprised that you had to bring your own monitor for this to work. I was willing to pay about $600 installed, but this was too much.

Scott....what internet service are you using to Sling in the car? I've got an iPhone and tether to the laptop, but the signal is not very reliable.

knew this was gonna happened, internet radio and media is rising while satellite radio/in car satellite was falling to begin with, AT&T got in there too little, too late, and they didn't even made an impact. and Sirius-XM killed satellite radio's competition when they merged to become an monopoly (and got away with it too, lying to everybody, saying no major changes were happening that would effect it in a bad way, but boy it sure did.) enjoy the last few customers who didn't get mad at you Sirius-XM because when car radios do start having a way to stream radio stations online without needing a smart cell phone, is the day satellite radio dies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)