ripping shows from dish dvr

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jchok00

Original poster
Jul 28, 2009
Pennsylvania
Hi. I'm sorry if this has been posted already, but I need some help. I just got dish network and was wondering how to get programs from my DVR to my computer. I'm sure that this is possible, but I can't locate anything online. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

That should not possible since dish stores your recordings encrypted on their hard drive, to prevent you putting these HD clips on some torrents, etc. But who knows, maybe that encryption is cracked already...

You need something like this:
"http://www.plextoramericas.com/index.php/digital-video-converter"

You connect the S-Video plug (and audio plugs) to your DVR and the other end (USB connector) to your PC. Then play the recorded program to record it to your PC. Since it uses S-Video, any HD programs will transfer only as standard video. I have an earlier Plextor product that does a nice job.

Try the Yahoo group dishrip. There is also a program (and Yahoo group) called PVRExplorer that works well for mpeg-2. Nothing on Eastern Arc nor anything HD will rip via PVRExplorer Pro, since development stopped years ago.

[as usual, same question ...]

Use R5000-HD gadget !

As well as the usual not-so-great answers! ;)

But I agree with you: that R5000 gadget is looking mighty attractive for $250 self installed. I think it's about $300 if you ship your 211 off to Nextcomm. They'll also modify a 622/722, but why bother since you can't use it on a recorded stream?

Umm ? What ? Anything what showing ie decompressing by 7411 is available to R5000.
C'mon, adding more noise to great method ? See, I'll quote you - "not-so-great answers". :p

As well as the usual not-so-great answers! ;)

But I agree with you: that R5000 gadget is looking mighty attractive for $250 self installed. I think it's about $300 if you ship your 211 off to Nextcomm. They'll also modify a 622/722, but why bother since you can't use it on a recorded stream?

On a 211 you can play back recorded content off the EHD and capture it with the R5000. Since I don't have a 622 with the R5000 I can't say whether or not it will work, though their web site says it won't. On the other hand, there is a definite trick to get it to work on the 211, and they might just not have tried it on a 622.

Umm ? What ? Anything what showing ie decompressing by 7411 is available to R5000.
Are you sure you reported the right chip? I thought an R5000 caught the compressed stream, not the decompressed stream.

Anyhow, BuddyBoy reports the EHD on a 211 works, which suggests you are right with your theoretical argument regarding the 622/722.

Nextcomm writes:
Records all HD and SD channels plus DTV. "MPEG-4 (AVC/H.264) Ready". Note: Can only capture live transmissions from the DVRs. Extraction (capturing programs from the internal drive) is not possible.
Why would they bother adding this note if they had never actually tried it? And I can't imagine they have mondified hundreds (?) of these receivers and never tried playing back a recording! Maybe I'm misinterpreting "live transmissions" and they really mean real-time playback from any source. Perhaps they were trying to warn customers that the capture does not come directly off the disk, e.g. at high speed.

Hauppauge PVR

Easiest thing if you don't need recordings in HD is to use the S-Video output like jbernardi suggests. You can use that Plextor product or a graphics card with S-Video input if you have a desktop.

If you want it in HD (without modding your DVR - as in the R5000) you can use the Hauppauge PVR (at least until the analog hole is plugged).

Both of these solutions don't exactly rip shows from your hard disk; you have to record while the show is playing.

If you own your DVR and want to open it up you can try ripping the shows with PVRExplorer Pro as suggested above but ii will be SD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)