Roethlisberger in motorcycle accident

Purogamer said:
So the fact that someone made a legal left turn and a bike that had no business being there hit it, is the woman's fault? If the bike wasn't there like it legally should not have been, this thread wouldn't exist and ben would be on the football field like he's supposed to be.

The woman is allowed to make a left turn when her light is green. She did nothing illegal. Reckless? Perhaps. But it's hard to say she is at fault when she was hit by someone who shouldn't be on the road. If someone pulls in front of you, you stop. You don't keep going because you believe you have the right of way, you stop. That didn't happen here for whatever reason that we don't know.

This is incredible.

If you are in a car and instead of Ben, and the lady pulls out in front of you making the turn and you hit her car ..... while your intention is to go thru the intersection.

Are you at fault ? No , She's at fault for failing to yeild

Purogamer said:
So the fact that someone made a legal left turn and a bike that had no business being there hit it, is the woman's fault? If the bike wasn't there like it legally should not have been, this thread wouldn't exist and ben would be on the football field like he's supposed to be.

The woman is allowed to make a left turn when her light is green. She did nothing illegal. Reckless? Perhaps. But it's hard to say she is at fault when she was hit by someone who shouldn't be on the road. If someone pulls in front of you, you stop. You don't keep going because you believe you have the right of way, you stop. That didn't happen here for whatever reason that we don't know.

Well according to the report she should have yielded instead of making the turn. So it was not entirely legal. The police report seems to disagree with your assessment.

But this is just one of those situations where people claim tenaciously to a personal belief as opposed to looking at what facts we have or the results of the investigation.

I am looking at the facts. Without knowing where ben was (the police know, we don't), we don't know if she was being reckless or not. I can't believe she just pulled out for the hell of it, she must not have seen him. And obviously he didn't see her. How can two people who didn't see each other know what happened?

If i'm driving a car illegally, then it doesn't matter if I'm stopped and she just drives right into me, we're both at fault. Her for just driving into me, and me for having a car in that spot illegally. How ben is innocent in this is what's truly amazing...Driving illegally, without a helmet, on a rocket. He should have been the most observant driver out there and he clearly wasn't because everyone else in that intersection made it home safely that day.

If i'm going through an intersection and a car just suddenly decides to make the turn, I'm going to do what anyone else in that situation would do, which is slam on the brakes and not hit the idiot who pulled in front of me.

Maybe you'd see this if you removed Ben from the equation, it's clouding your judgement. Pretend Kyle Boller did this...

No one has called her action reckless. What has been said is that even though the light was green the vehicle making the left turn should have yielded to the vehicle going straight.

the police report states that Mr Roethlisberger was operating a vehicle without a license and he was cited for that. It also indicates that the failure to yield makes the driver of the car responsible for the collision and she was cited for that.

We have no evidence about whether Mr. Roethlisberger applied his brakes in a timely fashion or not. He is not innocent of driving without a license. he just was not the party responsible for the accident.

I called her wreckless because she obviously didn't see him IMO. No way she pulled that boat out because she thought she had enough time.

How is he not responsible when he shouldn't have been there? The accident doesn't happen if he wasn't there. That's like me getting blamed for blowing up the microwave at work while i'm sitting here at home posting to satguys...

This is going nowhere fast. The law is written differently than you would like it to be.

Geronimo said:
No one has called her action reckless. What has been said is that even though the light was green the vehicle making the left turn should have yielded to the vehicle going straight.

the police report states that Mr Roethlisberger was operating a vehicle without a license and he was cited for that. It also indicates that the failure to yield makes the driver of the car responsible for the collision and she was cited for that.

We have no evidence about whether Mr. Roethlisberger applied his brakes in a timely fashion or not. He is not innocent of driving without a license. he just was not the party responsible for the accident.

Thank you Geronimo,
I've been trying to say this same thing for a week now, as least someone is paying attention.
Oh wait, I did say that already !!!

==========================================================
How is he not responsible when he shouldn't have been there? The accident doesn't happen if he wasn't there.

The accident would not have happened had she not been there either.

Once again, I never said Ben should not be cited for the No license & helmet issue.
He was clearly wrong.

That said, He was not cited for the accident, as he shouldn't be.

Jimbo

Purogamer said:
What is the law in pittsburgh?

In terms of what? In terms of who isa t fault we have already seen what Pennsylvnia law says.

and two months later he is playing in a pre season game. I think that what he did was foolish and tht it was a terrible thing that he would up in an accident but he seems to be recovering well.

Geronimo said:
and two months later he is playing in a pre season game. I think that what he did was foolish and tht it was a terrible thing that he would up in an accident but he seems to be recovering well.
Amen to fast recoveries :up :eureka and yes it was a stupid thing he did :no

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)